Dear family,
Sorry that this letter has taken so long. I'm beginning my 4th day in the field. I ended up meeting my trainer around 7:30 on the 2nd day. I was taken to my Stake area by the Mission Homes big Ford Van and trailer that had also picked us up at the airport. My companion was already there to take me to my actual area. His name is Elder Blomquist and he's a pretty cool guy, he's from Montana and he's been out for about 7 months. He's big time into music, graduated in '09 and he played football!
A little about Meridian. It's an old small town but our actual area is huge taking in a couple of other small towns. And because there are only 4 missionaries here we have a car. So I won't need to buy a bike yet. There's lots of hills and trees and even bamboo! There's tons of churches here that aren't LDS. The people seem really nice here. We get to eat lunch for free everyday at the hospital because the guy in charge is good friends with my companion and his previous companion.
So my 3rd day here was amazing 2/22/2012! We got 4 new investigators, 3 of them seemed really excited about it. I gave away 4 more Book of Mormon's. Did some more tracting, met a girl named Caroline who was our 4th investigator. It was awesome! Got to meet the Bishop and his family. They have 3 daughters, one is about Megan's age, one is just older than Jared and the other one is in the 5th grade. Pretty cool family. I'm already loving it here. I'm still a little nervous but it's only my 4th day in the field. Tell you the truth I really can't believe it's Thursday already.
2/27/2012 -Our ward here is awesome! There's only 1 ward. It sucks though because it has about 500 members but about 400 of them are inactive so we only have about 100 show up. But guess what?! We have two investigators with baptismal dates already and we could have 3 or 4 more soon. I'm so excited that we are already going to have some baptisms in my first month here. We are so pumped that everything is going so good for us!
I should be in Meridian for about 3 months. There is a chance that I could be transfered in 6 weeks but I'll probably stay here for the 3 months getting trained. The members here love the missionaries. I've already had a lot of awesome meals here in Mississippi and I haven't ran into a bad one yet. I'm still a quiet guy but this area is pretty awesome! I miss and love you guys a ton!
Love your son,
Elder Kerr
P.S. We are moving on the 15th of March to a different apartment so it might be safer to just send any mail to the Mission Office. It only takes an extra day to get to me but if it gets sent to the wrong address I may not get it at all. Make sure you don't send any packages Fedex or UPS to the Mission Office because they can't forward them. They would have to hand deliver them and that could take up to 2 additional weeks. It's best just to send it through the US Postal Service. Just don't send it parcel post. Thank you! Love you guys!
It's so good to hear how well you are doing. I'm not surprised. Your smile and warm personality have always made me happy inside. I'll keep watching your progress and saying warm prayers for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteTonya