Dear family,
Excuse my cursive, I decided to see how well I remember cursive. Not that great I suppose. The weather's been really nice here and it's winter. So I'm kinda worried about the summer. I'm NOT excited for it to get super hot. I did hear about the tornadoes but we haven't had any intense weather here yet. So I haven't heard the sirens. When there is a siren we have a small compartment under our stairs that we will stay in until the sirens stop. We'll be safe. But a couple of nights ago it was raining pretty hard. We were in bed when BAM! Lightning struck right outside our window. We jumped up and were like "Holy Crap"!!!! It was so LOUD!! And we didn't expect it at all!
Hurricane season starts in June and apparently we're due for another big one. When those come around we're suppose to go to the church and stay there until it's over.
This coming July we are getting a new Mission President. When I met the President and his wife they were so welcoming. They took us straight in to eat lunch. It was like a homemade Cafe Rio. It was way good! I've had a ton of good meals. I haven't had one I haven't enjoyed yet. I haven't talked to any of the missionaries I came out with but maybe I will at Zone Conference, it's on the 8th.
Say happy birthday to Jenny, Shauna, Robin and Mason for me. I'll try to email them but just in case I forget tell them for me and tell them that I love them. I'm sending Megan a card.
So we have 3 progressing investigators that loved our church when they came to church. They absolutely loved it! I can't wait, I'm hoping they stick with it because they did accept our invitation for baptism.
Oh, and my first Sunday here we had a couple of black investigators come to Sacrament and we had a musical number. When it ended this lady jumped up clapping her hands, yelling and saying "AMEN"! It was pretty funny. She had no idea we didn't clap after a musical number.
There are a lot of crazy christians out here. The other day we were driving and saw two people carrying a cross like Christ did and it said something like "Repent, Jesus comes". I took a picture and I'll send it when I send the memory card. I can understand the southern accents fairly well but there are some people who are lazy with their talking. And I can't understand them at all, it's frustrating, but my companion understands them somehow. Everyone is really nice out here but you can tell we stick out because we get stared at a lot like they've never seen us before. Then there are those who know we are Mormons and don't like us. But they're nice about it.
Well I get to say that I've been in Alabama now. We went to the border. There's also a town called "Why Not" kind of a strange name for a town. Um, what else? I know there's tons more I can tell you but I can't think of anything right now. But I'm loving it! I'm still a quiet kid and I still have so much to take in and remember. But I'm still loving it.
I love you so much mom give loves from me back home.
Love your son
Elder Kerr
P.S. I definitely want the black indexed compact bible. You don't need to put my name on it my triple doesn't have my name on it. It'll just be easier to carry around and it's a lot lighter. That was awesome to hear about Casey Heslop's call. When does he go into the MTC?
No comments:
Post a Comment