We got a new car on Tuesday, a Chevy Malibu. It's a downgrade from our Mazda 3 but it's still cool. The Mazda got better gas mileage. Lily Artman took us out to dinner at a Mexican Restaurant called "San Marcos". Had some of the best Mexcian food ever, a chicken quesadilla and rice and beans.
I did exchanges on Wednesday with Elder Dietz. My first exchanges with the Hattiesburg Zone Leader. Awesome guy, pretty funny in a weird kind of way. He's going home in one more transfer. Sadly we didn't get much done because we were in the worst rainstorm I've ever been in with a tornado warning going on. We were stuck indoors but he give me a hair cut and showed me how a Rubik's cube works. He gave me some good advice too. He said to make the mission fun so I'm going to do that.
We did our first service project on Friday. We painted the Reinfields house. My first time painting a house. I really enjoyed it. And I almost tried some Sushi but I didn't.
So today we walked around the Bonita Lakes for a 4 mile hike. We did some additional invites and I'm definitely getting better with talking to people. We got 6 new investigators and gave away 4 more Book of Mormons. It was a really successful day and I'm hoping we get a solid investigator by doing this.
You will be proud of me today, I ate broccoli and to tell you the truth it wasn't that bad.
I'm getting better with the consecrating oil. We gave the ward mission leaders wife a blessing today and it felt so powerful. I did the oil and brother Snow gave the blessing. It was so awesome!
Oh, and I also learned how to open a locked door with a card today. So here's the story. We got back from church and I noticed the key is kind of bent but I didn't think much of it. I put it in the lock and it breaks. The key breaks in the lock. Here's the funny part when we moved into this apartment we were told not to make any new keys at Walmart so what do they give us but a key from Walmart. So we eventually opened the door with a library card.
I'm way excited for Conference. We'll be watching all 4 sessions and the Priesthood session at our ward building. I can't wait to listen to the prophet I've never been so excited to watch conference.
Sadly I haven't received the Line of Authority you sent yet. The mail has been really weird but I'm sure it'll get here soon. Transfers happen on the 3rd of April but I most likely won't get transferred yet but I'll let you know next Monday for sure.
I'm glad you got my pictures. I'm always worried when I send it that it won't get there. Well I'll end. I love you and miss you a ton.
| One of my last days at the MTC. I'm in the center. |
Elder Bloomquist
| Meridian is only about 20 miles from the Alabama border. |
| There's an actual town named Whynot. |
| My new bike. |
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteShawn, just give sushi a try. If not on your mission then when you get home. It's wonderful!
ReplyDelete- John