Conference was amazing! I loved it, especially the Priesthood session although it was all good. I finally got the Priesthood Line of Authority you sent and I think it's awesome! My companion already had his. I think they are way cool! I also got grandma's birthday card. The mission office forgot to change our address so they were still sending everything to our old address but it's corrected now. I think I've received everything now but it was delayed about 6 or so days. I forgot to mention that our ward doesn't have any computers so I do my emailing from the library and they only allow you an hour.
I'm staying in Meridian for another 6 weeks, no transfer this time. Our transfers can occur every 6 weeks so the next one will be May 15th, then June 26th, August 7th, September 18th, October 30th and November 11th. Those are all of my possible transfer dates for 2012.
So the weather is pretty dang hot lately, I'm not enjoying it at all. And May and June are going to be super freaking hot. Then hurricane season will start in July and August but I probably won't be near the coast during that time.
Let me tell you a little about this week. I got to teach a full on lesson, with confidence, on "The Restoration" to one of our investigators named Barbara Young. And challenged her to read the Book of Mormon. I'm really starting to enjoy teaching especially if they could all be like the way we taught her. I do not like finding but, oh well, that's part of the work. She is our solid investigator right now and hopefully she stays that way. She has a daughter in Texas who is a member and two grandsons on missions.
Hey, I finally had some southern food. I had some "Brim" fish (I think that's what it was called). It was the entire fish without the head and guts battered and fried and I was able to eat it just fine. And I had some "hush puppies" which is pretty much dough rolled in corn meal and fried and some fries. So some classic southern fried food.
I've heard a ton about the movie "The Hunger Games" so I definitely want you to get me that movie so I can watch it first thing when I get home. I know it's a long ways away but still, haha.
People down here have no idea what we believe. We ran into this Baptist girl and she told us that she knows alot about our church and she's not of our faith, she is a Christian and they believe that Christ has already come and will come again. We said,. . . ."so do we". It can be quite frustrating. They are constantly fed lies about us by their preachers. You can just tell that we are the true church when every other church is trying to prove us wrong. And nothing can.
Well I'll end for now. I'm loving the mission. I hope all is well with everyone back home and I pray for you all. I love ya and miss ya a ton.
your son
Elder Kerr
Side note from the mom (Elder Kerr will turn the big 20 years old on Friday the 13th. April 13th that is:)
No comments:
Post a Comment