Monday, March 12, 2012

It looks like the "Tower of Terror".

Dear Family,
     Things are going great here in Mississippi!!!  It has been raining a lot at night but not so much in the day.  It's been between 58 and 65 degrees.  It's perfect, but the people here think it's cold.  We were tracting and almost every door we went to the people would ask us if we were cold.  We just told them we were from the West and they understood.  I'm not excited for the hot summer.  I got a taste of it about a week ago, it was 86 degrees with a lot of humidity.  It was really hot!  My companion said,  "This is nothing compared to the summer".  Apparently, you are able to see the humidity.
     Surprisingly, Dad, I haven't had any BBQ here yet.  Maybe Meridian isn't big on BBQ but we will see I should be in the area for about 10 more weeks.
     That's awesome that Milo Lefler is our new Stake President.  Honestly, I can see him becoming a General Authority in the future.
     So let me tell you a little bit more about Meridian.  Apparently, it was a very popular town back in the day.  I saw some pictures of it and it looked awesome but now it's really fell behind.  There is this really tall building right in the center of downtown, probably the tallest building in Meridian, and it's completely abandoned.  It's actually kind of creepy.  It looks like the  "Tower of Terror".
         The other day we went to a members house to have dinner and we conducted family home evening.  We had this soup that was good for the most part but I had to muscle my way through a lot of it and I did.  I think if it had just had the noodles and the meat it would have been the best soup I ever had.
     I got my bike.  It seems like a really nice one so far but we will see when I start riding it around.  It's a Genesis 29.  I think that's what it's called.
     Pretty much all of my homesickness is gone.  I still miss everyone back home but I have become very comfortable out here. I'd rather be doing the Lord's work more than anything else right now.  I hope I become more Christlike while I'm out here.
     Sometimes the work can be frustrating but I love it.  I'm still my quiet self with new people but I'm getting better.  I'm understanding the Gospel so much more.  It's amazing!  I love it and want everyone to have what I have.

                                                      Love you Dad, you're my Hero!

                                                                   Your son

No comments:

Post a Comment