Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 18, 2012 (One of my last days in the MTC)

Dear family,
     In answer to your questions mom.  I've become comfortable with everyone here.  All of my roommates and I have become friends.  In fact, Elder Nelson, who is from Idaho Falls, and I have a ton in common.  We have so much in common that we're freaking out that we are almost exactly the same.  We're both around the same size he's just a bit shorter than I.  We both have similiar reasons for going on a mission, we both have similiar friend groups back home, and the list goes on and on.  We've become really good friends.  And we are both going to Jackson.  And yes, I got my hair cut short just the way I like it.
     February 18th, one of my last days at the MTC.  Yesterday, I had an in-field orientation where we learned so much stuff just in that one day, it's amazing!  If every missionary was able to baptize 2 people a month we would get around 100,000 new converts each month.  That's over a million in a year.  The church is growing fast.  We currently have 14 million members and  if the current rate of growth continues within 2 decades the church will hit 200 million members!
     I love you guys and miss you a ton!
                                                                Sincerely your son,

                                                                      Elder Kerr

P.S.  I hadn't heard about Aaron becoming District Leader that's awesome!

P.S.S.  Here's that memory card maybe you can get a memory card holder so it will protect it better when we ship it.

                                                Elder Nelson and Elder Kerr
Elders Kerr, Nelson, Whitehead, and Marcum
Elders Brockbank and Damron

No comments:

Post a Comment