Friday, July 5, 2013

Transfer Day!!! Shreveport, LA to Gulfport, MS with 3 stops in between and finally I'm in Long Beach, Mississippi.

So I'll catch up on my email here.
Monday the 17th
P-day! I did exchanges with Elder Bytheway. We go on up to Texarkana to get the car fixed and when we get there we find out that they hadn't even ordered the part! So we decided to just leave the car with them because we shouldn't drive it anyway. We got picked up by the ZLs and and hung out with them for the day. We mini golfed, ate at Cicis Pizza and hung out and played games at the church! For dinner we made some fried chicken and mashed potatoes! It was a delicious dinner! I learned to make batter for the chicken. Then we got dropped off in New Boston by bro Hutson.
Tuesday the 18th
My exchange is still going on with Elder Bytheway and we went and saw a few people. For dinner we ate at this BBQ place and man it was good!!! Plus we met this guy that had a lot of questions for us. They were like perfect questions for a guy searching for the truth.  He wouldn't accept a Book of Mormon so we just gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. It was legit and hopefully he will continue to look into our church. It was a good day.
Wednesday the 19th
We went and picked up the car in Texar today and headed down to Atlanta for DDM. We had a good DDM! It was way awesome!! I loved it!! After lunch they weren't able to find a ride back to New Boston so we took them back.  Afterwards we helped Brother Horsley with a new refrigerator and called it a day. It was a slower day!
Thursday the 20th
Today was Thirsty Thursday! We did a lot of walking and tried seeing a lot of people today. We tried this referral, she wasn't home but her sister was. We talked with her a bit and set a return appointment. Then we tried someone further up the street but he wasn't home. When we were walking back passed that referrals house they waved us down and we were able to talk to her sister and give her a pamphlet.  It was cool. Then after that we were walking down the road and the Ward family pulled up and took us out to eat at Luigis! It was way awesome!!! We then went and saw Beth Harper and that was awesome as always. I love her. The rest of the day was slow.
Friday the 21st
We went back to see that referral but she wasn't home, sadly! We tried some others but none. Then we got a call from Brother Brown who needed some help.  His brother passed away so we helped move some stuff out of his place. He's having a hard time right now. Then we did a lot of tracting but not a lot of success.
Saturday the 22nd
Again it was a slow day. We tried seeing some people but not a lot happened.  We did help the Neilson's with there yard.
Sunday the 23rd
We had church and, of course, it was a wonderful Sabbath day. Then we had that awesome world wide Zone Conference! I loved it! It was a great meeting full of inspiration.  Then we went to the Neilson's as usual and had dinner. I'm going to miss them when I leave!
Monday the 24th
We had our last Zone P-day of the transfer! And boy it was fun hanging out with everyone. We had a good time! We went to Cicis pizza for dinner. It will be the last time hanging out with Elder Ison before he goes home. He was my follow up trainer after Blomquist!
Tuesday the 25th
We weren't able to do much today because we had a lot of catching up to do.  But we did try to see some people.
Wednesday the 26th
We went up to New Boston for our last District Meeting of the transfer and talked about who will get sent where and such! We got picked up by Brother Simmons and headed back to Atlanta. We tried some people and called it a night.  Sorry this isn't very detailed, I'm going by memory.
Thursday the 27th
It is another Thirsty Thursday.  We go and see our usuals on Thirsday, such as Beth Harper and I let her know that I might be leaving soon! And, of course, she is pretty sad about that! We have a good time though talking with her. Then went to visit some members! Oh and we tried this sandwhich restaurant downtown and loved it! It has been in the back of my head for a while to go check it out and we finally did. It was good! Anyways, we called it night,.
Friday the 28th
We got our calls this morning and President tells me that I'm going to Long Beach, Mississippi!!!!! I'm like YES!!!!!! The Coast! I have gotten both my wishes for areas! One in Texas and now the Coast!!! I'm very excited and I'm going to be with Elder Henrie.  I already know him so I'm excited to be with him! He is way tight! After that we went home teaching with Brother Doran and then got dropped off at Walmart to get some stuff. We got picked up by brother Brown who took us back and then we went to the Neilson's for dinner. We helped them with their yard and told them the news.  I'm way excited!
Saturday the 29th
Today basically we focused on going to see people to say goodbye! We had a ward dinner that day, as well! It was awesome!! I loved it! It was Samoan based and delicious! We had a good time! And had some really good dessert.
Sunday the 30th
When we got to church today Brother Simmons came up and asked us to give short talks as one of the speakers wouldn't be there.  And that was perfect beings this was my last Sunday anyway. I talked on John 17 and told everyone that I was leaving! It was a sad time because I love this ward and I will miss a lot of people here. Afterwards, we went to say my last goodbye to Beth. She made me this delicious Strawberry cake! I said my goodbyes and then we went to a lunch appointment at the Marchan's. I said my last goodbyes there and it was awesome! We spent the rest of the day at the Neilson's! And then New Boston came down and we called it a night!
Monday the 1st
17 months out today!!! We went and ate and said some more goodbyes to the Robinsons and a few others! We went to the Neilson's and got some pictures and then the Harville's took us out to dinner at the Silver Spur.  They are another family I really enjoy! I said my last goodbyes to them. They took us back, we got ready and headed down to Shreveport, LA so we wouldn't have to drive down so early the next day. We stayed the night in Shreveport!
Tuesday the 2nd
Transfer day!!! Oh, and Happy Birthday, Jared! We met at the building, I said my last goodbyes to my zone, and we headed out to Ruston, LA! We got to Ruston and picked up some people. Then we headed to Monroe, LA and picked up some more people. That was weird being back in Monroe!! I was like, I'm home! Oh wait! haha! I said goodbye to Elder Poole there.  He is staying in that zone! I also got to see Elder Whitehead and some others! From there we went to Clinton, Mississippi.  And holy crap their are a lot of new missionaries! We have a lot more missionaries in the mission now!! I got to see 5 of my old companions there and meet some others in my old districts that I hadn't seen before! I loved it!  Finally, I got down to Gulfport and met my companion and now I'm in Long Beach and my new address is:
4401 Beatline Rd. Apt. 5D
Long Beach, MS 39560
Love ya


It's about 50 miles from Atlanta, TX to Shreveport, LA and about 400 miles from Shreveport, LA to Gulfport, MS.  Long Beach is only 4 miles from Gulfport. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment