Dear Mother,
I did get my bike taken care of basically. And yeah, we don't get fed here as often. It's not like my last area where we were the only set of missionaries in the ward. Here there are 4 sets of missionaries. It still rains almost everyday but it's not for the full day! Just for a little bit. That's what it is like during Hurricane season and I don't think it ends until October or something like that. So yeah, I guess Katrina and Issac hit here around the same time in August! So we will see what happens but I know if a hurricane as big as Katrina were to come, all the missionaries down here would go up to Jackson and wait for it to pass. Anyway, we will see. I do want to see a Tropical Storm though! That would be way cool.
Yeah, I need to be better with my money. I am terrible and have always struggled with that even when I was home. I'm going to try to do better next month though. I'm glad Megan got my letter. Sorry it took me awhile to reply. . . . . . but I will reply. Sometimes I take along time with letters. I have written so many letters on my mission. It's like ugh, I wish these letters could write themselves. hahaha
Oh, have I gotten any friend requests on my Facebook? There might be some missionaries who were in my mission with me that will be in contact through facebook. Anyways, let me know. Some may try to come to my homecoming. That'd be way cool.
We should have 2 baptisms coming up this Saturday the 27th, Howard and Daniel!!!! I'm way excited for that. So Boom! They both asked me to Confirm them the following Sunday!
I guess I will take out student loans and go to SLCC when I get home and get 2 years under my belt. I want to work hard because I really do want to go to the Y!!! But we will see in the future I guess it really depends on what I want to go into then I will choose what school. Anyways, on to my week
Monday the 15th
P-day and we played some basketball and had a great time playing around, I loved it! I love playing basketball! I'm stoked to play for the ward and the Foo's back home! Good times! But it was just an average P-Day.
Tuesday the 16th
So today we tried seeing a couple of people with the time we had! We were able to see Howard. We have been trying to help him quit smoking. While we were there we could tell he was still having a hard time. So I felt impressed to give him a blessing before we left! During the blessing I felt strongly impressed to say, "You will quit smoking and have the strength to do so!" Then we left and got picked up by Brother Harper. We went to give a member a blessing who was about to have surgery. Then the Gulfport Elders picked us up and we headed to interviews with President! We were there for a while and I had a fantastic interview with President! I loved it! I love President McDonough! He truly was called to be a mission president here in the Mississippi Jackson Mission. MJM!!!!
Wednesday the 17th
We had District Meeting today and that was awesome as well. I love our district here! It's just a lot fun and good times! Right after District Meeting we went to see Daniel! We were talking with him and he said that he totally quit smoking as well! So that is way tight! And it looks like he will be ready for the 27th as well. It was a good time.
Thursday the 18th
So today we went and tried to see Howard again. He wasn't feeling well but his Aunt, who he is living with, said that after we gave him the blessing to quit smoking he hasn't had 1 urge to smoke. The day before a friend took him to see his doctor in Laurel and he was smoking and offered him a smoke and he didn't want one! The guy even noticed that he was reading "The Book of Mormon" and asked about it. He told him about it and gave him one! It was legit! Howard said, that was his answer, the blessing worked to help him quit smoking! It was awesome! =) Blessings work people!!!
Friday the 19th
So we did some weekly planning today. We were able to see Howard and Daniel again and help them get ready for baptism! It was good! I'm very excited! But basically the rest of today went to crud because everything was cancelled on us or rescheduled!
Saturday the 20th
So today we went to a ward play! The Ward set up a free play this weekend for Thursday, Friday and Saturday! It was way good! I very much enjoyed it! It was very well done! And a lot of non members showed up the 2 days before this! It was funny and well done! It was about a ward struggling with attendance and having a lot of in-actives! It showed members reaching out to invite them back to church and it was very heart felt! It was good! and Daniel was able to come!
Sunday the 21st!
So today was a great Sunday! I was able to learn a little bit about Family History! I definetly need to learn more about it so you will have to teach me more about it Mom! hahaha. It was good though! Then we had a Linger Longer as well! We had some really good food! I loved it! Anyways, it started to rain hard so were'nt able to tract much as we planned to do but we did get some tracting in! Then we got fed by the Harpers! They fed us Steak and a potatoes! It was way good! I loved it! Anyways we got numbers in and headed to bed!
I hope all is well with everyone and I love you all and thanks for following!
The Church is True!
Love
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment