Monday, July 15, 2013

Long Beach is ready for harvest, we could have 3 baptisms soon.

Dear Mother
     I did get grandmas package the day before I left from Atlanta, so that was cool! Thank her and I did get a letter from Megan and I will reply soon! I do get to see the coast quite often! I'm like maybe 3 minutes away from it! There is a road that drives along the beach through Pass Christian, Long Beach, Gulfport, and Biloxi so I see it a lot.  It's not super beautiful like the pacific coast! It's just very muddy looking water but it's still pretty cool, I'm not going to lie, I love it! I'm so glad I have been able to serve down here! I could stay here the rest of my mission but we'll see! After this transfer I only have like 4 left!!!! So yeah it's going by fast! The time I will have left by August 3rd is the same amount of time I served in Atlanta! IT'S CRAZY!!!!! And my companion only has like 2 more transfers left!!! Way weird! Oh and in that pic on the mission blog was Elder Bytheway not Elder Hopman.  He was in my district too. 
     Long Beach is ready for harvest, basically we could have like 3 baptisms really soon.  All we need to do is get them to stop smoking and they will be good to go!! It's going to be legit! Then we have plenty of people to keep working with who are interested! So it will be good! I just wish we had a car fulltime! We would be able to get so much more done if we did! Oh, well!
So onto our week!
    
Monday the 8th
Just a normal P-day we did our emails! Then we went and played some basketball with the Zone Leaders, Elders Hosea and Canaan! It felt good to play after not playing very much in Atlanta! I loved it!! So awesome! It drained me though and after that we went to Raising Canes for lunch! I'm going to miss Raising Canes when I leave here! The best chicken fast food restaurant ever!!!! They need to start them in Utah! After basketball we didn't really do much! We walked on the beach a little bit.  It was a good day!
Tuesday the 9th
So we did some tracting today and we got a few return appointments. We weren't able to see a lot of our investigators but the Dees took us out to a Pizza buffet that was pretty good! Sister Dee is so nice! It was pretty legit! We tried seeing other people but no luck.
Wednesday the 10th
Zone District Meeting! The entire zone got together and was taught by the ZLs.  It was a great meeting and we saw a lot of people that we haven't seen in a while! Then we went to a Chinese buffet that only cost about 5 bucks! So that was cool! Then we did some more tracting because President has asked us to do more than we have been.! I have never really enjoyed tracting! Then it started raining big time! It sucked! We weren't able to do anything in it! It was way lame!
Thursday the 11th
Today we got up and noticed it was way cloudy.  Then it just started to pour for quite a while! It sucked! It's been raining a lot lately and since we are on bikes we haven't been able to do anything! I'm not liking all the rain. We did get to go see Joel today though! Joel has been taught by missionaries since April of last year! He basically believes everything, he is just struggling to stop smoking! But we are going to get him to stop! And its going to be legit! Then he will be ready for baptism!
Friday the 12th
So today we went and saw an investigator that was found right before I got here! Her name is Daniella! We got there and she was like, of course, you guys can come in! It was crazy she just started crying and saying that she is going through so much crap right now! And I'm just like well our purpose is to bring people closer to Christ and we started talking about The Book of Mormon! And she wanted 3 of them so she could give them to other people and then we can start talking to them as well! It was pretty legit!  After that we went tracting some more.  Then we got ready to go to Howard's, another investigators house. We are going to teach him the Stop Smoking Workshop to help him stop! It went pretty well. Then guess what? We started to hear thunder and we had another appointment in about 45 minutes.  And we were on bikes! Elder Henrie and I were like, we're going for it! We are not going to let the rain stop us today! On our way then. . .  snap my bike pedal breaks off!!!! I'm just like, of course! I have the worst luck with bikes breaking! Then it started to rain harder and harder! Luckily a member saw us and took us back to the apartment and we called our appointment and rescheduled! It has rained hard like everyday this week! It sucks!
Saturday the 13th
Today we took my bike in to get fixed! We dropped it off and they said it should be ready by Monday (Which is today).  It was way slow and nothing happened at all today because we didn't have any kind of transportation! And it started to rain really hard again! We did have correlation meeting with Bro. Harper and that was good!
Sunday the 14th
Great Sabbath day but we were expecting to have 5 investigators at church today but only 1 showed up.  I was pretty bummed about the others but at least we had the 1! It was a pretty good SUNDAY! Loved it like always. Our appointment cancelled on us but we did go to the Gentry's! And they fed us dinner! The Gentry's are awesome! We were laughing the whole time we were over there. They showed us on youtube this funny video going around about the general authorities! Its hilarious! It's called "How General Authorities Eat Their Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" watch it and show it to people! It's way funny! Things are going good! And it's going by fast!  I love you and I hope all is well!  THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!
Love
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment