Monday, July 8, 2013

I love this District already!

Dear Mother,
Yeah, I'm in Long Beach, Mississippi and I love it!! On the coast here in Mississippi there's Long Beach, Gulfport, Biloxi, and then passed Biloxi is Ocean Springs and that is the end of our mission.  Elder Henrie is my new companion.  He's been in other zones with me.  He was in the Monroe Zone when I was and he was in the Texarkana Zone when I went up there. He's only been in this area for 6 weeks. He is from Manti, Utah and has been out 20 months, 3 months longer than I have. I'm like the 3rd oldest in our district.  It's weird to think that I have been out this long, to be one of the older guys. Anyways, we have a bunch of investigators here already! It's awesome! I have been teaching quite a bit lately! We have 3 people with dates and we're just trying to get them prepared!
We are car sharing in this area so I did need a bike.  Elder Ison has given me his. But I am going to need a new helmet, mine is broken, and a few other things for it to make it a little safer. Oh and another thing when you send the memory card can you send my contacts I'm down to my last pair.  So on to the rest of my week.  I left off on Tuesday the 2nd!!!
Wednesday the 3rd
Today I finished unpacking in the morning. Then we went to the Library so I could email more details of the week. After Email we went over to a members house named, Bucky Waits. He is an awesome guy very nice and friendly.  He fed us a sandwhich and ice cream! After that we went tracting and had a pretty crazy experience! We went to a door and introduced ourselves and told him why we were there.  He said, "oh really."  We mentioned that God has called a prophet on the earth again. And then he just started going off on us his. It was frustrating! It got me angry! We ended up staying on his porch for like an hour or so and all he wanted to do was Bible Bash. It was crazy! I hate when people do that! So that kinda put a damper on the day. But we tried seeing some other people, not a lot of luck. But I did meet a recent convert named Joey who is solid in the gospel and he was just recently baptized! He was awesome!
Thursday the 4th
We had DDM today and I love this district already. I'm not the district leader here because there was someone already assigned here but I'm fine with that. I actually love just being a regular missionary! Hahaha! After that we went to teach, Howard, who is a way solid investigator! He has a date and we just need to help him stop smoking! We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it went really well. Then we went to teach Daniel again and Brother Waits went with us. We taught Daniel about the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chasity! It went really well. He is also very solid but needs to stop smoking! Afterwards Brother Waits took us to Sonic for ice cream! It was a good day. After that we just spent the rest of the 4th of July with the Gulfport missionaries.
Friday the 5th
Today it was pretty rainy and we didn't want to be driving the car around all day so we didn't get whole lot done but we did meet a new investigator and taught her. Her name is Amber. She is looking for a church and just basically asked us a lot of questions about ours! Then we went to Subway. We get a free subway once a week! It's pretty tight, I love it! It just rained the rest of the day.
Saturday the 6th
We did weekly planning today and tried seeing a bunch of people but not really any luck. We did do some tracting and was able to teach some people on their doorstep and lent out a Book of Mormon. It was good! Except a lot people looked pretty afraid of us. I'm just thinking gosh what do they hear about us at their churches! Anyways it was an alright day but it rained again.
Sunday the 7th
Church, my first Sunday! It was pretty awesome, we had 3 investigators show up! It's a pretty big ward! We are assigned to the Gulfport ward! My last area there was only 1 set of missionaries to the ward and here there are 4 sets of missionaries! So it's a big change but I enjoy it!! Today was also a pretty slow day. We were planning on tracting but all it did was rain! During our lunch hour even though we didn't eat I fell asleep, I was pretty beat and so did Elder Henrie! Anyways we got numbers ready and we called it a night! It was a good week and I'm very happy to be here.
Thanks for following!
Love
Elder Kerr


P.S.  I don't remember if I told you but our mission has a new blog.
http://www.mississippijacksonmission.blogspot.com/













  












No comments:

Post a Comment