Friday, May 31, 2013

We got to go fishing and I caught 3 Bream and 2 Bass and I learned to fillet a Bass. It was a lot of fun!!!!

Dear family,
Thank grandma Ivy for me, I got her card. I also got Connie's package and I loved the cookies. They're already gone hahahahaha. I want more actually! We will all really need to go up to Twin Falls now! Okay, onto my week
Monday the 20th
It was P-Day and we did the usual stuff but we also got to go fishing and I caught 3 Bream and 2 Bass and that was a lot of fun. I also learned to fillet a Bass (however you spell that). So I know how to do that now and that was a lot of fun!!!!
Tuesday the 21st
Today we went out with Brother Doran and did some home teaching. Afterwards he took us to Subway. Then we caught part of the storm that happened up in Oklahoma. It started raining pretty badly but no tornadoes. But we were walking around heading back home and  a cop pulled up and asked if we needed a ride.  So we totally got to ride in the back of a cop car hahaha. Then we just hung out throughout the storm.
Wednesday the 22nd
We had our DDM today I taught on teaching with your companion in unity. Then we tried visiting members in Bloomburg a part of our area. We have been working a lot with members we haven't met going through the ward directory. A lot of members we couldn't find but we did meet the Bates family who are a very nice family. Then we got fed by the Neilson's. It was an alright day.
Thursday the 23rd
So today we got to see Beth Harper and she is doing great but one of her big things about joining the church is that she wants her husband to join as well. We were discussing how we may be able to get him interested and I thought of member that I knew might be able to help, Brother Gunn! When I mentioned his name she just started to tear up because she knew that he could probably definitley help. I give all my thanks to God for inspiring me with his name. We are planning to bring Brother Gunn with us to see them. After that we went and taught Janice Turner.  We taught her The Plan of Salvation and it was a pretty good lesson. But I feel out of practice with teaching because I haven't been able to teach for a while hahaha. She is having a hard time with finding her answer right now so we just need to help her with that. Then we had dinner at the Finchers and had a good time there.
Friday the 24th
Today was another one of those days that we just went all over the place trying to find members we haven't met. We had cleared up a lot of them today that didn't live here anymore. We also did some service and had dinner with the Neilson's again! We had a good time. Anyways, that was our day
Saturday the 25th
Today we decided to change it up. We went to Vivian (another town which is part of our area) and we tried seeing some members down there. We got to see the Bruce family and to meet Monica Broussard. I actually really like this town. It's small and it's just a small little town and they have the smallest Walmart I have ever seen. It was weird hahaha. Anyways it was a good day to go down there and later that day we got fed by the Neilson's again. They love feeding us. It also started to rain pretty hard today and the Neilson's lost power hahaha
Sunday the 26th
It was a great Sunday today! I really enjoyed it!!!! I volunteered to do the lesson for next Sunday in Elders Quorum. After church we went over to the Gholson's for lunch. Then we tried seeing a few people like Colleen in the nursing home but she was asleep. We visited Carrie and Jimmy Robinson and then we tried to see Amy Hills but she wasn't feeling good. Then we got invited to go to the Frank's for dinner! And That was good stuff. The Frank's are one of my favorite famlies. Then we went home and called it a night.
That was my week and it was much better then the last couple weeks.  I'm glad. Anyways that's all for now. Love you and miss you.

Your son,

Elder Kerr 

No comments:

Post a Comment