Dear Mother
It was so good to talk to everyone!! It felt really good to do so!! Thank you for everything and I'm glad you had a good Mothers Day Mom! That's always a good thing! I hope you got my card. Here's my week.
Monday the 6th
Today was Interviews with the President! And I sure did enjoy it! I love our President he is such a great guy and I feel the spirit around him!!! I enjoyed it a lot. When other People were being interviewed there was a meeting for everybody that basically taught about making us better planners for the future. We also did our District Meeting today as well. More like a Zone Meeting really because it was a District Meeting with the entire Texarkana Zone! Anyways we talked about what we can do to start finding more people to teach and we were taught this new tracting technique. Which we just start teaching right away the Restoration lesson and then ask them the question. Would it be important for you to know if there were prophets on the earth today like Moses and Abraham? Anyways after that we went out and tried it and I was suprised because we got into the door by tracting! And if I remember correctly this might have been the first time ever that I got in a door the first time a tried. So it works. After all this we spent the night at the Zone Leaders pad and played some games because we are going to do a Zone P-day tomorrow. It was good to hang out with Elder Ison again, I haven't done that since Meridian.
Tuesday the 7th
Was our Zone P-day so we got up got ready and went to the church and hung out there for a bit. We played a game of basketball and ate some breakfast. My companion and another Elder brought some boffer swords and we messed around with sword battling. It was fun but it might have gotten a bit too violent with me. I had no idea what I was doing so I just yelled a bunch of battle crys and started swinging like crazy and sometimes it worked!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha but I lost a lot too hahaha. After that we played some volleyball which was pretty funny and Ultimate Frisbee! It was a very fun day! I haven't had a good work out in a while so I was pretty dang sore! Then after we said goodbye to everyone we headed down to New Boston and spent the rest of the day there and spent the night at their pad.
Wednesday the 8th
Basically today was a catchup day. Since we were in Texarkana and New Boston the last 2 days we just caught up on things we needed to do.
Thursday the 9th
We visited quite a few people today. We saw Carrie and Jimmy Robinson and checked up on them. Tried some doors. We went and visited Colleen to see how she was doing. We brought her an Ensign Magazine for her to read. She is such a sweet lady. She ended up giving me a picture of her hahaha it was nice. =) Then we ended up seeing Brother Gunn and talked with him a bit on people he thinks we should go see. Had dinner with the Frank's. It was one of there daughters birthdays. So we had some cake hahahaha and some fried chicken. I love fried chicken.
Friday the 10th
Today was kinda slow but I got that package from Grandma Sharon so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! hahahahaha Beef Jerky yum!. And also today we went down to Vivian to have dinner with the Boyle's. We had a goodtime there I very much enjoyed it. I wish we could work more in Vivian but it's pretty far away to get to more often. After that we went home and called it a night!
Saturday the 11th
We did a lot today. We spent the rest of the day visiting a lot of Young Single Adults who are less active. Some members picked us up to go eat at a place called Smokey Joes nearTexarkana. It was a lot of fun and some really good food! After that we went home and called it a night.
Sunday the 12th
Well it's Mothers Day and it was a great Sunday except we didn't have too many people stay for all 3 meetings today. In Elders Quorum we had like 5 people show up, hahahaha, it was bad. After church we went over to the Frank's and ate some hamburgers for lunch. While Elder Hopman was talking to his family we watched some church movies with them. Both of the them were missionary movies! One was called "Another Mans Treasure" and we watched part of "The Other Side of Heaven". When 430 came around I called home to the family and it was so good to see and hear them!! This makes my 3rd time that I have called home on my mission! After we said our goodbyes we hung out with the Franks a little more and then went to dinner at the Brown's. We had catfish and called it a night! That was my week. Thanks for following. I encourage anyone that reads this to find out for yourself about this Church. Read the Book of Mormon and build your testimonies!!! I love you all. The Church is true!
Love
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment