Thursday, May 9, 2013

Read the Book of Mormon and know that God loves us all!

Dear Mother,
Everything is going good for me! We have been able to start to teach Janice but we had to drop the young girl because her Dad doesn't want her to be taught by us anymore sadly :( but hopefully when she is 18 she will look more into the church.
You will have to let me know what happens when you go to Aarons homecoming. I can't believe that he only has 1 more week left!!!!! HOLY CRAP!! hahahaha that is still blowing my mind right now.  I figured out that I will probably be staying in Atlanta for 1 more transfer at least but it's not for sure. Can you believe that I will have been in Atlanta for 3 transfers in just under 2 weeks!!! That's crazy to me and I will most likely stay in Atlanta for 4 transfers. It has gone by very fast! After I hit my year mark, especially, it has been going by so fast!!! I'm already out 15 and half months, just about!!!! That's weird! Oh and I sent Alex a letter.  When was he going into the MTC, was it the 8th? Because if that is the case he may just get it or miss it.  Here's my week.
- Monday the 29th
P-day the usual stuff I would say nothing too special happened that I remembered!
- Tuesday the 30th
Today was a decent day. We went and saw Carrie and Jimmy Robinson to see how they were doing and to check up on their house situation. In the home they are renting the floor under the bath tub is rotting out! And the landlord won't fix it because he's already giving them a discount on the rent.  Anyways, when we got there some other members pulled up at the same time. And they were there to fix it so that got all taken care of right away! But I did hurt my back trying to move the tub. And it still kinda hurts :( After that we were picked up to go to dinner at the Ward's and we had Chicken Spaghetti. It was delicious. We had good talks about missionary work and I left them with a spiritual thought on prayer. I love the Ward Family. I get a long with them pretty well. Then we headed to over to the Neilson's to see their new Chicks that just hatched for them! Chickens are so cute when they are first born but when they grow up they are so ugly. It's weird how it works like that. Anyways, it was a decent day.
-Wednesday the 1st
District Meeting today in New Boston. And the ZLs came today, Elder Milligan and Elder Ison. I taught to always have a prayer in our hearts and to pray always!  I enjoyed teaching it and it was something that helped me out with some answers that I was searching for as well. It was good.  Then we got picked up after lunch and headed back to Atlanta and went home teaching with Brother Doran. We visited the Laws, Gholsons, and Colleen in the nursing home. We gave them all blessings! I ran out of oil hahaha! But I got some more. After that we went to see Carrie and Jimmy Robinson again. To help and comfort them with a challenge that Carrie was going through! It was a good day.
-Thursday the 2nd
Every Thursday seems like it rains! And we didnt have the car. So it was kind of a slower day today. But we got to see Janice Turner today and we taught her the Restoration and it was a pretty good lesson. I realized and I haven't been able to teach a full restoration lesson for a while but we taught them. Then they realized that we had walked there in that kind of weather they got mad at us for walking in the rain. hahaha so they took us back to the apartment. And Sister Peacock dropped some pizza by. It was good too hahaha GOT TO LOVE PIZZA!!!! Funny moment though. I called them to thank them for the pizza and they didn't answer so I left a message and I almost ended that message in the name of Jesus Christ hahahahahahaha I'm in the habit of saying that now hahaha.
-Friday the 3rd
Today we did some weekly planning and after we went to see Beth Harper to check up on her. We were talking and she mentioned that she found a baby kitten the other day that was attacked but was still alive. She was trying to take care of her beings she is too young to be without her mother. So she didn't know how to eat. But I got her to the point were she felt safe in my jacket and started to feed her from the bottle. I think that she thought I was her mother. hahaha But it was a cool experience to feed the kitten from the bottle. She was so frightened anyways but we got her fed and feeling safe.  Beth was doing great and was still reading. Then we went and gave colleen another blessing and had another spiritual experience with her. She said that we have good auras they glow in a way. I was very touched to hear her say that. I loved it! That was our day.
-Saturday the 4th
Kind of a slower day but we tried seeing a few people. We were in need of some food so we got some and went back to the apartment. We went to the Neilson's and ate and got to see The Best 2 years and totally watched it hahaha.
-Sunday the 5th
It was a great Fast and testimony meeting today. Church was so enjoyable. Church is so much more enjoyable once you get motivated to be active in it. During Elders Quorum I got the oppurtunity to share my conversion story and hear other peoples as well. I loved it!!! Anyways, we did our usual and went to the Neilson's on Sunday and had a good time there. Helping them out with stuff and had a good dinner. After that we got home and New Boston came down to get ready for interviews tomorrow. And that was our week.
The Church is true and so worth being active in. Read The Book of Mormon and know that God loves us all. And whoever reads this I love you too and miss you all!
Love you Mom,
love your son
Elder Kerr
Oh and I guess I will be calling around 3:30 your time when you get home from church for Mother's Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment