So our new investigator Debra Kristy is being baptized this Saturday at 2 o'clock. She is such a sweet lady and has been prepared well by the Lord. She used to smoke 4 packs a day but she has been smoke free for 2 years now. She told us on our first visit that she wanted to be baptized. She believed everything was true. She was giving up her coffee and tea from then on. She wants to go to the temple. She is such a sweet lady. I automatically have come to love her to death. She has been to church the last 2 weeks, it's so exciting!
Two Sunday's ago we were asked to speak and teach the combined 5th sunday meeting in Winnsboro. It's not our area but we did it. It is a small branch has like 26 members there last Sunday. It was my first time in a branch and not a ward. I think they are awesome down there. I can feel them closer together since there are so few of them. We talked on scriptures for sacrament meeting. Then for Sunday school we taught the 3 youth in the ward, about strengths through the Lords commandments on prayer, reading scriptures and paying tithing stuff like that. Then we taught the combined 5th sunday meeting. We taught about conversion and revelation. We taught all 3 hours but it was a fantastic Sunday. I felt the spirit strong there. A member from the Ruston high council drove us down to Winnsboro, his name was Brother Randle. He was a very nice talkative guy. He gives every member a 2 dollar bill so I got a 2 dollar bill now.
Tell Liz thanks for her support, I appreciate it and tell her hi as well :) And yes I did receive your letter and grandma Sharon's package and money gifts. Thank you all so much. I enjoyed that cake mix grandma! It was way good! Sorry I havent replied yet. I usually get funded by the mission, $155, the last day of every month. Whatever day that turns out to be.
Tell Liz thanks for her support, I appreciate it and tell her hi as well :) And yes I did receive your letter and grandma Sharon's package and money gifts. Thank you all so much. I enjoyed that cake mix grandma! It was way good! Sorry I havent replied yet. I usually get funded by the mission, $155, the last day of every month. Whatever day that turns out to be.
I'm so glad that Dad got both vehicles working. He is very talented with that stuff and I hope I can be able to do that kind of stuff as well someday! I do like doing things with my hands.
So you know the member that called you guys yesterday, Brother Boyle, who was feeding us? He said that if I got to a Junior college for 3 semesters and get A's I could have a good chance of getting into BYU. So Im going to do that! Go to SLCC for 3 semesters and get good grades and try to transfer to BYU! I would love that! (Brother Boyle called us yesterday and spoke to Shawn Sr. for a few minutes while they were feeding our missionary son. He said he thinks he has a hollow leg. And they were feeding the missionaries some good Utah food. He has 3 degrees from BYU and thinks Elder Kerr should most definitely go there.)
That is some terrible news! That makes me extremely sad to hear about Marcelo! And Hollys boyfriend Kim:( Send my love!
I can't believe that Brendon is heading into the MTC soon. That's insane I'm way excited for him! Well , I've got to get going. I love you and miss you all!
Elder Kerr
P.S. In answer to your question mom I still do want a GPS for Christmas and I will for sure be needing some new garments maybe another pair of slacks and some new shoes but I'm okay with everything right now. Just some ideas for Christmas like you asked.
No comments:
Post a Comment