Monday, August 13, 2012

A GREAT week in the work!

Dear family,
     We had a wonderful baptism on Saturday but it wasn't Elder Crockett's and mine, it was the sister missionaries in the Monroe Area. They had the baptism. It was my first baptism interview though. As district leader I do all the baptism interviews in my district besides baptisms we do. The Zone Leaders interview those we lead to baptism. The mission average for each missionary is 4-6 baptisms throughout their entire mission so the 15 a month, you heard, could be right.  Our first baptism will be this coming Saturday, August 18th, at 2 o'clock so 1 o'clock there I believe.  And that's with Debra Kristy.    
          So this week was a pretty good week. We set up another baptism date on September 1st for Anthony Smith. He is a solid investigator right now who was referred to us from the Bishop of the ward. During our 2nd lesson with him he said something to us that touched me to the core.  We taught him The Plan of Salvation. And he said, "there is something about you two, it's like I have known you before.  Like I have always known you."  And that just confirmed for me that in the pre-existence I was pre-ordained to serve in this mission.  Probably the best experience I have had out on my mission so far :)  One I will always hold sacred.  I hope he will enter the waters of baptism.  Pray for him please.
     I'm glad to hear that Brendon's farewell went well.  And Megan's talk too.  I'm glad Megan saw what I saw as well when I started to prepare for my mission. I did see how much closer as a family we did get. So we will have 3 missionaries in the mission field from the ward now and just 6 and a half months ago we didn't have any in the field.
          The weather here is still very HOT but there have been a few cooler days.  It doesn't usually start cooling down here until the end of September but we have had such a hot year this year that it might not even cool down until mid October. So its pretty intense down here. The weather has been very interesting though maybe because the planets are lining up at the end of the year. 
     I do remember the olympics when they came to Salt Lake in 2002. I would probably enjoy them better now, at this age, because I was never really interested back then. And yeah people hear watched it so we heard about it. I heard that the basketball team won gold so Im excited about that. And I heard that the winter Olympics will come back to Utah. That will be exciting. 
      A GREAT WEEK in the work! I have felt the spirit many times throughout this week. From just learning how to show my love more to others to visiting Sister Meeks in the hospital (She had a stroke but is expected to make a full recovery), to helping 2 families move in, we did quite a bit of service. Another cool thing that happened this week is that the Stake President's son returned from his mission in South America.  Sunday was his homecoming.  I never even met him before but I can feel how much he has grown on his mission. It's weird to see returning missionaries when I'm still on a mission.  And then, of course, the wonderful baptism of Angie Mizel from the sister missionaries work was AWESOME! 
     I'm also glad to hear that Holly's blessing is helping her out. And I'm glad to hear that Marcelo is recovering. Well I will end for now. I love you and miss you. 
                                                                     
                                                                    Love your son 
                                                                    Elder Shawn Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment