Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Honored to be a tool in the Lord's hands.


     I cant believe that Brendon will be going into the MTC this Wednesday, it's amazing!  Everyone in our group of friends are growing in many different ways.  I'm grateful to have them as my friends and the example they give to me. 
    The Baptism did go through and it went very well she even came the next Sunday to be confirmed a member and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I had the opportunity to be in the font during the Baptism. She is a really heavy set woman so me and Elder Crockett helped her in and out of the font. I was behind her when she went under and I had my hands under her back to help her up. It went really smoothly, only had to do it once. It was an amazing moment on my mission. There was some worries that she wouldn't be able to endure baptism but she did. She put a lot of faith into it and it was just an absolutely amazing experience. She is already talking about going through the temple in a year. The Lord has prepared her very well for baptism.  I was honored to be a tool in the Lords hands, to teach her and prepare her to enter the waters of baptism. 
     I also can't believe that I'm heading toward my 7 month mark. Aaron told me it even goes by faster after the 6 month mark. Im going to have another fun transfer I believe. The new Zone Leaders here are awesome guys and I'm getting along with them great. And Elder Crockett is as good as always. One of the new Zone Leaders here is a pretty good baseball player. He is from Kanab, Utah.  He played for Eastern Utah and he is probably going to be drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals. It's pretty cool to be serving around him. Since I have been in Monroe I have come to like baseball a lot more. 
     That is an awesome quote from Brigham Young, "I want to tell you, each and every one of you, that you are well acquainted with God our Heavenly Father … , for there is not a soul of you but what has lived in his house and dwelt with him year after year; and yet you are seeking to become acquainted with him, when the fact is, you have merely forgotten what you did know."  And I do feel something about this Anthony Smith. I hope he is lead to baptism either by us or someone after us. It truly was an amazing experience. I love this work. Sometimes it gets hard to put forth my full effort but I don't want to be anywhere else but here, on my mission, for this next year and half or year and 5 months soon. I love this church! It is so true! 
I love you Dad. I appreciate everything you do for me. I miss ya a ton.
                                                                  Love your son 

No comments:

Post a Comment