Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Zone Conference with the new President and looking forward to the hurricane!

Dear Mother, 
     I did here about the hurricane coming in but I heard it is only a Cat 2, so not that big.  And it's probably not going to hit Monroe until Tuesday or Wednesday. We will see though. I hate to say this but I kinda want to experience a hurricane on my mission. I know that is terrible to say but I'm actually looking forward to seeing how much rain we get from this hurricane!!! 
     Elder Crockett's hand is healing just fine.  He did have to go to the doctor but it wasn't too serious since the dog had had all of his shots. 
     This has been a fun transfer.  There's a bunch of awesome missionaries and I've been having a lot of fun with them, playing some basketball and such.  A big thing missionaries like to get here in the south is Rebel stuff like the Rebel flag. It's kinda funny!  
     That is exciting that Ingela is going to go through the temple! That's really cool! And thanks for that wonderful scripture (Helaman 5:12)!!! I loved it! And it's so true! 
     This week we got to meet with Lavell Whitty who is a recent investigator.  He's an awesome guy, and he said not to give up on him so we don't plan to. But he might be moving to West Monroe with his family, who are members.  We also helped Johnny clean out one of his storage units.  He works for a storage place and some people didn't pay.  There were a  lot of big things to move out and guess what, we got a deer head for our apartment.  So now we have a deer head for a decoration.  Thursday was the best day we had Zone Conference, our first one with the new President.  Zone Conference is always a great meeting to get together with all the missionaries.  Then we had exchanges right after with Greenville.  And double worked the area of Monroe.
     So tomorrow I'm going to my very first leadership training as a District Leader and I'm pretty excited because I will be seeing my trainer again Elder Blomquist, hopefully! I heard he was going to the same meeting as me but we will see! We also did some tracting this last Saturday! We decided to do some tracting on the south side of town the poorest part. We didn't get much but we did give out 4 BOM's so that was good!  
     Debra Christy is also doing very well she came to church and is still very solid. I still need to get a picture with her I keep on forgetting! It's frustrating, haha! I'm glad to hear that Grandma Ivy is getting better.
     Well I will end for now I love and miss ya Mom! And I hope all is well.  Love your son. 
                                                              Elder Shawn Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment