So this week was way good. We have a new potential investigator which we had a pretty cool experience with. Ever since I got here in Monroe we have been trying to see a guy named Andre. Every time we go over there he isn't home but quite often we run into his wife. At first she hated us missionaries. They had met her before I got here. And everytime we've gone over there since and she is there and he isn't, you can just tell that she isn't interested in what we have. But the 2nd to last time we were there a thought came to me that if she was there I should ask her if there was anything we could do for her. So again he wasn't there and then I asked her. "Well since he is never here and you are is there anything we can do for you?" When I asked her that, there was this change in her eyes. Like a change in how she thinks of us. We said good bye and I got this thought that maybe we aren't meant to go see Andre but his wife Mary. So the next day we went to try again. And again he wasnt there. So again we asked if there was anything we could do for her. And this time she really got interested. So we got talking with her and I could tell there was now this desire in her eyes of what we have. It was a pretty awesome spiritual experience! She went from hating us to respecting us. The spirit is working on her very well!
Last Thursday I got to meet the new Mission President. He's visiting every missionary apartment in the mission and he came to our apartment at 9 am. He is such an awesome guy! I think Im going to get a long with him great. He is such a chill guy! His wife is very nice also.
We also visited a member named Sister Meeks who likes art like I do so I drew her a picture. I drew her a picture of the gold plates turning into The Book of Mormon. I took a picture of it so you will get to see it next time I send the memory card home but I need to get more pictures first.
We also ran into a guy who had done some research about the blacks at the beginning of the church. He was offended about the church teaching the mark of Cain. We tried to explain to him that the church isn't racist in anyway but he wasn't having any of it. But we put his name on the potential investigators list anyway.
I'm sorry you guys have been having so many car problems lately. And I too am thankful that grandma Sharon and Connie and Johnny were there to help. Well I'll end for now. I love you and miss you guys and I appreciate all the support you have given me.
Love your son
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment