Friday, July 20, 2012

The thing I really LIKE about being on the bike is that we get stopped all the time by people wanting to talk.

Dear family,
     Things in Louisiana are awesome!  Hilton is an awesome guy! Did you find out anything about Peter Kerr? And Johnny is a big help! He loves us to death and it really feels like another home at his place! Such a great support! Im glad you got that picture from President Pena! He is an awesome Stake President and such a character haha.  Our district has 2 sets of missionaries, Elder Crockett and I and the 2 sisters in that picture. The other 2 missionaries are Elder Shumway (the one with darker hair) and Elder Bruderer they are the Zone Leaders of the Monroe Zone. Awesome Zone Leaders! 
     Let me know how feeding the missionaries go! The last missionaries that we fed before I left didn't seem like they enjoyed serving in Utah haha!  That will be awesome for Brendon to go through the Temple with his Cousin and see them get married! That will be tight! 
     The Summer is going by fast here. Funny thing is that you guys are all enjoying the Summer. Im not so much enjoying the Summer.  I can't wait for this HEAT to pass. That's interesting that Myan Burton liked biking in the summer on his mission in the South (Georgia).  Yeah we too get the wind in our face when riding but when we stop the sweat just starts pouring off of you.  And Im a big guy so that's a lot of sweat. But the thing I really DO like about the bike is that we get stopped all the time by people wanting to talk to us. It's like one big advertisement! So thats really cool! Obviously you dont get that with the car but you DO get air conditioning.
     It's been a slow week with the work here because it rained a lot.  There were even flash flood warnings.  We can't ride in the rain because of Elder Crockett's glasses but I will be meeting the new Mission President this coming Thursday at 9 in the morning!
   Our day starts with an hour of personal study and then an hour of companion study and then prayers before we leave the apartment at 10.   Elder Crockett finished making his Violin and it looks nice! Hilton said it's worth between 800 and 1200 dollars. Hilton let Elder Crockett make it for $150 and that included the case and all the materials . I'll have to take a picture of his violin.  I wouldn't mind making one.
   We did a lot more work with the less active this week. And I finally got to meet our main investigator Lavell Whitty. He is really close to Baptism. We are going to be setting a date with him this coming week but he needs to quit smoking! He is an awesome guy!! And the Lord has prepared him well for us missionaries to teach.
   I spoke in church on Sunday about missionary work, it went alright. I don't get why I'm still so scared to talk when I have talked in sacrament meeting so often.  We also had dinner at Bishops house yesterday. The Bishop is pretty awesome. He is an attorney.  And he has a son that just barely got his call to Mexico City and leaves in November.
     Well that's been our week so I'll end for now.  I love ya and I miss ya so much! 
                                                              Love your son,
                                                                Elder Kerr

PS  Thank you grandma Ivy for the card and gift inside.  I'll get a letter in the mail as soon as I can.  And thank you to everyone for all of your love and support!

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment