We visited an investigator named Hilton on Monday. He is a 90 year old war vet who's in pretty good health. He likes to make violins and loves music. Before I came Elder Crockett had bought the parts to a violin and Hilton is helping him put it together. He gave me a harmonica and I mess around with his other instruments while they work on his violin. I've decided I really like the Cello and I'm going to practice on it. So Hilton's story is that he use to go to church but he doesn't like how the preachers expect them to pay for their personal experience. So he prayed about it and he feels like he has come to terms with God to NOT go to church. He even reads the Book of Mormon and believes its true. Its pretty interesting. After that, we played some basketball with the rest of the Elders. Did some shopping and called it a night.
So my bike had some problems, my crank arm broke, and I took it in to the bike shop to get it fixed. I picked it up today (Tuesday) and now it rides really well. Mostly all the people we tried we couldn't see. Slow day. We saw Lily Moore who is a less active and we invited her to come to the Ward Pancake fest tommorow. She said she will come if we got her a ride. We couldn't find anyone else to see today. :(
Wednesday, July 4th we had the pancake fest and I helped with making the pancakes well all the missionaries did. And it's Elder Crockett's birthday. I held my first District meeting today and we talked about Revelation through the Book of Mormon. It went really well. Then we went to a members house for dinner. Johnny's house. He was baptized last November and he LOVES us missionaries he is always feeding us and taking care of us. The week before it started raining like crazy and we took cover in his house and dried off. He is always worrying about us especially since we are on bikes. We had beans and ribs for lunch and had a fantastic time. We had to be in our apartments by 6 pm today because its a holiday and there are a lot of drunk drivers. We went to visit Sister Meeks and played some games with her. She is such a sweet lady. She is a convert and has a really cool story. She lived by this chemical plant before this and she said she got this feeling that she needed to move and so she did and that Chemical plant blew up and destroyed the wall by her old apartments. I just think that is crazy. God was looking over her.
Thursday, again a slow day. The rest of this week went pretty slow because of the holiday. Either no one wants to talk to us or they're all out of town. But we did have a scripture study class today and we discussed 1 Nephi 13.
Friday we did some tracting but again nobody was home. We did run into Hilton today and talked with him. He recognized my last name Kerr. He said that his wifes Uncles last name is Kerr and started a town in Texas called Kerrville. He wanted to know if we have any lines that connect to him. His name is Peter Kerr or Pete Kerr.
Saturday the 7th, we had a ton of A's which is Additional Invites. And did a ton of tracting! We met an investigator named Ms. Connley. She is a sweet lady but she was in a hurry so it was short. Then we ate at Johnny's and set up for a ward pot luck at the church for tommorow.
Sunday the 8th we went to Ward Council meeting and talked about a lot of good stuff with members and investigators. Then had church with patriotic lessons. We talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy then ate at the ward potluck after. We did get a less active to church today. His name is Brother Ross. We went to visit him and we gave him a blessing and it worked big time. He felt better and he came to church and payed his tithing. He was awesome! Then later that day I met an investigator named Sean. Apparently he his a really good cook. I'm going to get to know him better. Haha :) called it a night and turned in our numbers for the week. Slow week. Can't find anyone but Im still loving it here.
In answer to your questions District Leader is cool but not a lot different. Im just trying to set a good example. I have noticed that Im getting better at just randomly talking with everyone. And no the Mississippi River is not within biking distance of Monroe, not even close. Well I will end for now. I love and miss ya so much!
your son, Elder Kerr
PS Here's a few pics from my last area in Meridian and here in Monroe.
My last day in Meridan. . . . saying goodbye to some of my favs. Dustin and Dallas Heims.
PS Here's a few pics from my last area in Meridian and here in Monroe.
My last day in Meridan. . . . saying goodbye to some of my favs. Dustin and Dallas Heims.
| Elder Ison and I on Transfer Day. |
My last District in Meridian.
Using the flight simulator at Meridian's Navel Air Base. Was given a tour and had dinner with a member there.
Crossing the mighty Mississippi River into Louisiana on transfer day.
My new apartment in Monroe, Louisiana.
No comments:
Post a Comment