The new apartment is nice but not as nice as my last one obviously because it was brand new. This one has that old apartment smell to it but it's still nice and has a lot more room. I'm slowly getting use to the biking, luckily there's like only 3 hills total in my area so it's not hard to bike here it's fairly flat. Elder Crockett is used to it so he's a much faster rider but he slows down for me. Elder Crockett is from Washington state and was in the Utah National Guard for a year before coming out. So I've been drinking a lot of water almost everyone asks if we want some. I got a camel pack and I fill it everyday before we leave the apartment. My arms are getting a lot tanner. I've got a pretty good farmers tan now, haha!
I did get a letter from the President explaining my new appointment as district leader. Part of my responsibilities include collecting and turning in numbers, teaching district meet every Wednesday and being a support and good example to my district. My last two companions were district leaders and new ones at that so I learned a lot from them.
I had an awesome week this week. Met all kinds of members. Last week went to a baptism in West Monroe. Then last Friday we went to get some milk and met a man who looked like Osama Bin Laden. He had a long grey beard and was wearing a yamika. Yep we got preached to by a Jew, ha ha. First time getting preached too and he wasn't even a Christian. And I'm in the Bible Belt. This guy was furious that we worship his brother Jesus Christ and not God. He wouldn't let us talk at all so he doesn't have a clue what we really believe. The only good thing that came out of that was that he recognized us Mormons as Christians.
On Sunday we tried to see a few people but no one was home. Along the way a man stopped and offered us some water. He said he'd have it for us when we circled back around. When we went back he wasn't out so I just continued on. Then I got a thought "What are you doing?! Go get that water and talk to him!" I almost ignored it but I'm glad I didn't. We started talking to him and he wants to learn more. Really nice guy and he wants us to come back. I have a good feeling about him. I'm glad I followed that prompting.
Happy birthday, Jared! I hope you had a good one! That's very exciting that Brendon got his call to Tallahassee, Florida! That's the 3rd person in our group of friends to go to the southern states. That is way awesome! Mission tour in the future, haha! Well I'll end for now. I love ya and miss ya.
Love Elder Kerr, your son
P.S. Tell grandma Sharon I got her card and money so she won't worry. And tell her thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment