Thursday, June 28, 2012

Transferred to Monroe, Louisiana (a bike area), 108 degrees and made district leader.

                                                          My new address is:
                                                       1401 Erin St.  Apt #177
                                                          Monroe, LA  71201

     Monday, June 25th - Well, I will email the rest to you tomorrow but I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting transferred and will be leaving tomorrow.  I'm either being transferred to Vicksburg, Mississippi or Monroe, Louisiana and I'm going District Leader.  Yeah already, I'm going district leader after only 5 months of being out. I'll be getting a lot more responsibility.  When President told me that I was just like, wait what???  Hahahaha!  I was really surprised!  I'm both sad and happy.  Sad because I'm going to miss my district and Meridian and happy because the President felt I needed more responsibility.  I'm also a little scared about it but I know the Lord qualifies us for His work so I'm confident that I'll be alright with it.  I will email you more tomorrow.

     Wednesay, June 27th-  Well I'm in Monroe, Louisiana with Elder Crockett who just got done with his training.  He's showing me the area and having me meet the members and our investigators.  Well I guessed pretty good. 
     Tuesday, Elder Ison and I headed to Clinton which is one of the transfer points.  I'm going to miss serving with Elder Ison and I'm really going to miss Meridian and that district we had a great time together.  We met up with the rest of the missionaries in Clinton (which is near Jackson half way to Monroe) and waited for the transfer van.  This will be the last time I see President Tucker and his wife.  The new mission President arrives this Saturday.  It's going to be crazy. 
     Finally, the van arrived.  I said goodbye to Ison and we headed west.  I got to sit and talk to Elder Whitehead again (from the MTC).  We talked about where we had served last and where we thought we were going.  He's probably going to Texas.  We stopped in Vicksburg for a bit to get gas and I got to see the Mississippi River for the first time when we crossed the bridge.  The drive actually didn't seem that long we got to Monroe fairly quickly it seemed (Meridian to Monroe is just over 200 miles).  They told me I was getting off here.  I met Elder Crockett and a member named Johnny.  Johnny apparently likes to feed the missionaries all the time and will be feeding us anytime we don't have a place to go.  I also found out that this is a bike area, no car now.  And guess what it's 108 degrees here and has been for a while. Hot!!!!  I'm probably going to die out here.  I'm not used to riding bikes so it's killing me!  Hopefully I'll get to lose some weight with all this biking! Hahaha!!  We got to play some basketball with a bunch of different missionaries.  And I'm already known as the beast for my post moves . . . hahaha!  It was a lot of fun.  I have a feeling I'm going to like it here a lot well except for the whole bike riding in 108 degrees thing.  I get to play a lot more basketball, a bunch of different missionaries get together every Monday and play.  So I'm pretty excited about that.
     I got to meet the Zone Leaders and the two sister missionaries here.  Sister Jenkins just got out of the MTC and sister Vanroosendall is training here.  I also got to meet the Stake President, President Pena.  Great guy, always seems to be in a good mood, and he takes his calling very seriously but in a good way.
     So this morning there was a baptism in West Monroe that we went to.  It's always a good sight to see someone enter into the waters of baptism.  Her name is Carolyn.  It was wierd because right before she was suppose to enter the font the power went out and the lights started to flicker like crazy.  It was crazy!!  But we got in done and had a good service.  After that we had a lunch apponintment with Sister Wear.  She's Chinese and I had a hard time getting her food down into my stomach but I got a lot of it.  She's a sweet lady but really worries about her son, who is at scout camp right now.  For some reason she has a really hard time not having contact with him.  I felt bad for her so we gave her a blessing.
     And now we're here emailing.  I hope I can survive this heat!  I'm sure I will love it in time.  I hope all is well.  And I hope you all have a good time celebrating grandma Ivy's 80th birthday.  Hopefully she got my card.  I love and miss you all! 

                                                      Your son, Elder Kerr

P.S.  I did hear that Miami won the Championship.  I was very happy about that and will want to get their championship stuff if I can find it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment