Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Made the family tacos for my district, funnest exchange yet, and a transfer is in the air.

     Dad, I'm glad you enjoyed your Father's Day card.  I'm not going to lie I got teary eyed while I was writing it.  I don't remember if I told you but I made the family tacos for my district after district meeting.  It was my first time making them and I did burn a few and they were a little too greasy but none-the-less they were pretty dang good!
     Transfers are coming up on the 26th and the time has flown by.  It helps when you have a companion you get along with.  Elder Ison and I get along great so I'd rather not be transferred but I know if I am it's for the best because the Lord knows what's best for us.
     We were in Buckle the other day so that my companion could get his watch fixed.  The store manager was from St. George yet he didn't know much about the Mormons.  I was surprised.  And the lady that was working there used to live in the very apartment that we live in right now, 303 Deer Run.  Small world I guess ha, ha. 
     The sister missionaries have been visiting a less active sister, Carolyn, who was in need of a blessing.  She lives in these government trailer homes. I'm not sure what they are called but they are extremely poor.  She's been suffering with some ankle injuries.  And she had alot to talk about for a whole hour before we could give her a blessing.  We blessed her that she would be healed.  And she was at church the next day walking in heals!  Miracles happen all the time out here it seems. 
     Another cool thing that happened last week.  When we went to see Dominic he wasn't home so we tract on his street but didn't find anyone.  Then a thought came to me to go to Myrna Cole's (remember her?)  Well, we got there and she wasn't home.  Hmmm, why did I feel impressed to go there?  So we decided to tract on her street and I felt impressed again to head to this other house and we met a man outside along the way and was able to leave him with a BOM and set up a return appointment.  So maybe that was the reason, we will see.
     We got a chance to use the new approach President Tucker suggested on a new family in the ward, the Smith's.  They had invited us over for dinner so instead of the spiritual thought we asked if we could give them a blessing.  We blessed Tim and his wife Jamie and their 5 children, Kimberlyn, Kelsie, Hayden, Julian and TJ.  We blessed them to be safe, to have the Spirit in their home and to help move Christ's work forward.  It was a cool experience!  I love that family!
     We also had a lady scare us.  When we were tracting and went up to a house and just as we were about to knock a lady opened the door.  She didn't realize we were there and when she did she screamed then shut the door saying "I don't have any clothes on."  We were just like "Sorry mam".  We explained who we were through the door and asked if she was interested, she wasn't but we left a Book of Mormon on her porch for her.  It was kind of funny and scary.
     Last Wednesday Elder Ison had a leadership meeting so I went on exchanges in Petal with an Elder Whitlock.  This was my funnest exchange yet.  We got along great!  In fact, I hope that I get to serve with him at some point on my mission.  And in Petal I really liked the area.  We tracted and got some return appointments.  The only downside of this exchange was that an investigater told us she doesn't need the Book of Mormon so she doesn't want the missionaries to come anymore.  We tried to convince her otherwise but she said no.  So we left her with our testimonies that if she really wanted to know if the BOM is true she must do it with a sincere heart.  I could tell she felt the spirit because she got a little teary eyed and said she wanted to go get some rest.  You could tell she wasn't use to having the Spirit with her.
     Well I'll end for now.  You better send any future mail to the mission home until after this transfer.  I don't want to miss any mail.  I Love ya and miss you all and hope all is well.  Your loving son, Elder Kerr.

P.S.  No, I didn't hear that the ward might be moving to the building across the street from our house.  Why would they do that?
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment