October 21st-27th
Dear Mother,
I will let you know when I get Grandma's package! I probably got it today but I haven't been home to check the mail yet. Training is going great, I love Elder Fisher! We haven't heard anymore about the baby we blessed and we will try meeting with the Baptist this week. So this week was an interesting week to say the least.
Monday the 21st
We had our P-Day! We played some basketball and hung out with the other missionaries! It was a lot of fun! Then later that night we went on exchanges. Elder Paul and I went to Long Beach! We had a blast! And also I had my very 1st BIG MAC hahahahahaha. Kinda weird to think about but I had my very first one today and it wasn't bad hahaha. Anyways, that's that. Paul and I went home and started planning and then realized that we were suppose to give a guy in the ICU a blessing today, totally forgot! So we rushed straight to the hospital! It was crazy but it wasn't too serious! He was doing fine but we gave him one anyway. Then we went home and talked all night about all types of stuff back home and in the mission.
Tuesday the 22nd
So today was the official exchange day! It was way fun! We went out and heading home because a senior couple was expecting the apartments today. We road by a missionary Baptist church and we noticed that they were having a funeral and so we thought. "Hey we are clergy we should go pay our respects". We went in and were told that it didn't start until 1. So we head home and get the apartment checked! Then we head back to the church at 1. And holy crap that was the 1st time I've gone to a different church and it was so extremely different than what I'm use to! hahaha! There is something called prayer talking down here. Where during the prayer people are just yelling out loud!. "YES LORD!" "AMEN" "THANK YOU LORD!" (I"m totally going to start doing this when I get home!) hahaha Then the pastor got up to speak! He just went off yelling!! IF YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS YOU WILL BE SAVED AND IF IT WASNT FOR JESUS WE WOULD ALL GO TO HELL AND IN HIS NAME WE CAN RETURN TO THE FATHER!! Just all kind of stuff and yelling until he was blue in the face! I thought the he was going to blow and then he busts out in song! hahahaha I was just like holy crap! I felt the spirit on that one, ha! Right in my ear hahaha! People standing up clapping! Yelling Amen! I tried to be reverent! There is no such thing as being reverent in that church! hahaha good stuff!
Anyways, after that we went to a place called Lil's rays! And I had my 1st Po-Boy! And the legend behind the Po-Boy is that it started in New Orleans! They were sold for a nickel for the poor people that could barely feed themselves! It's just some bread, meat, lettuce, mayo and tomatoes! It was pretty good! Then we met with a bunch of different people and it was a decent and adventurous day! I loved it!
Wednesday the 23rd!
Wednesday the 23rd!
Today we had our DDM and then did our practicing afterwards! It was good but it took up a lot of the day! We ended up double working South Gulfport and then went to dinner! Which was another great time! I loved it over there! I haven't laughed that hard for a while! We were just giving people a hard time through out hahaha!
Thursday the 24th
We ended up doing service for this guy named JIM HEAD. It basically took the whole day! A lot of yard work! I officially hate vines now! HATE THEM HAHAHA! They're a pain to clean up! He is an older guy (in his 70's) and since we are helping him he wanted to learn more about our church. He is going to come to church and we are going to start teaching him, hopefully! Anyways, we basically helped him get his yard all put together and took out vines and weeds! He has a hard time doing that stuff! And that was our day!
Friday the 25th
We went back to Jim Heads and helped him some more! It didn't last all day but we basically did the same stuff as the day before! But we had a really cool experience today! We went to Subway for dinner and we were just sitting there enjoying our food and a guy walks by and heads to the restroom. When he returns, he comes up to us and says, "Hey, what do you guys do exactly?" We told him that we are missionaries and we talk about our church. Then he was like, "This is going to sound weird but.." And I'm thinking, oh boy, here comes some guy to try to argue with us about our beliefs!" But he said! "Something told me to come and talk to you guys!" And I'm just like no way hahahaha! He said that he was going through a difficult time and that he has never been great with God and wanted to make things right! He asked for our phone number and we got his info and before he leaves he tells us "PLEASE CALL" And so I'm just like this is legit hahaha! Love it! The Church is true and the spirit lead him to talk to us!
Saturday the 26th
So today I wasn't feeling really good and the same with Sunday the 27th so we didn't do much! But at church we had the primary program and that brought tears to my eyes! The spirit is strong with the children especially when they sing! You can really feel that GOD loves all of his children no matter what they do! It was way awesome!
That was my week! PRETTY AWESOME!
October 14th-20th
Dear Mother,
This was my week 4 of my 1st transfer training!
Monday the 14th
We had our P-day and we had a good time doing our usual P-day stuff! Playing basketball and hanging out with the other missionaries! Loved it! We ended up going to Academy Sports and Elder Paul bought some Golf Khakis which were so nice. I don't know if you heard but the missionary attire has been changed and missionaries are able to where Khakis now and lighter colored clothes! Not like crazy colors but just lighter! So I definitely want some nice Khaki's. And you might think I'm crazy but when I get home I want to get a Khaki suit hahaha! I just think it would be way cool! Anyways, at the end of the day we went on exchanges! Elder Kent came down to Long Beach with me. We headed to bed after that.
Tuesday the 15th
Today we had an appointment with this guy named Michael. He is a former investigator, and he called us and wanted us to come by. So we did. Now I had heard of this guy before from Elder Henrie who said he was weird so I was like, oh boy! But we went and we discussed! And the whole time he was trying to show us up with the Bible. Pulling out the Revelation scripture on us to try to prove The Book of Mormon was false! I"m just thinking people really don't know what the Bible is down here or where it came from. There is a scripture at the end of Revelations where it says that if any man should add or take away from this book he shall be cursed and they think its referring to the Whole Bible! The Bible isn't just 1 book, it's a collection of books! But some people down here believe that GOD wrote the bible himself! Like he himself wrote everything in it! Hahaha it's crazy, but we were able to explain and challenge him and his friend to read and pray about The Book of Mormon! After that we went up to Brother McDaniel's and had Lasagna for dinner! It was good! When we were talking with him I could feel the spirit strongly! It was interesting because when you 1st meet him you wouldn't think he would be so spiritual!
Wednesday the 16th
Today was our Zone Meeting where the whole Zone got together and the Zone Leaders taught us! Afterwards we went and had lunch and then practiced. That basically took up the entire day! It was crazy! When we got back it was time to go to our dinner appointment! We had red beans and rice! Now that's a southern meal that I LOVE!!! Red Beans and rice, good southern cooking! LOVE IT!
Thursday the 17th
We did our weekly planning today! Then we went out tracting most of the day! We found 2 potentials! One names Shawn Pratt and the other's named Jay! I was pretty stoked! We hope to see them again and they seemed legit! Jay just walked right out to us and just started talking with us! It was awesome! Later that day we went to Bishop's for dinner! They fed us Hamburgers! Nothing beats a good old hamburger! Then we watched this old missionary movie which was really good!
Friday the 18th
So today we also did a lot of tracting not too much success but we did find a potential! I hope that she does well! Today was a really cool day! It's starting to really cool off and I like it! I might not ever have to live through a hot humid summer again hahaha! It's weird to think that I will be home before spring hits! (That's crazy stuff!) We then went over to the Slatten's for dinner and had a good time there! After that we went to coorelation meeting and that was fun!
Saturday the 19th
Today we went out to Lunch with Sister Wood! Well, all of the missionaries did! Tjen we went to get Elder Fishers bike fixed and that took about an hour! Anyways, after that I wasn't feeling to good! That sucked and so we basically just went back to the pad and rested a bit!
Sunday the 20th
We had church and Daniel Reilly spoke today. He's one of my baptisms with Elder Henrie! It was awesome! ( I don't know if I told you but Daniel, in a year is thinking about going on a mission!) I was way excited to here that he might go! I hope he does! :) ) Anyways, we did some tracting again today but nothing! We went and taught this guy named Michael and we had a fantastic lesson! We talked about faith. The spirit was really working because our intentions were to teach The Plan but we ended up talking about Faith! Next time we teach he is going to try to get his family in! We committed his family to try and come to church next Sunday! I'm super excited for this family! I hope we can help him do it! :) The church is true! It just is!
Well I'll end there. I hope all is well back home and I love you and miss you all!!
Love
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment