Dear Mother!
I sure did love conference! I really loved it! I always do now! It's hard to say what my favorite talk was, I loved them all. I have been trying to let the Holy Ghost teach me while listening lately. So when I write notes it's just whatever the Holy Ghost brings to my mind. Sometimes it's something that has to do with what they're speaking about and sometimes my notes are nothing to do with what they were talking about! It's actually really cool when you do it this way! Anyways, I did really like the talk by President Monson in the Priesthood session! It was way awesome and I loved it! He was talking about Home Teaching! I love President Monson!
Yep, I love Steve's Blondie's! So good hahahaha I ate them right up! I was so stoked opening that package and seeing them there hahahahaha good stuff! Thanks Steve! So on to my week!
Monday the 30th
P-Day! We had a great p-day! played some volleyball and surprisingly some Soccer, hahaha, I suck at Soccer but it was a lot of fun! We didn't have a basketball so we weren't able to play any B-ball! We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and emailed and that was about it! It was good stuff!
Tuesday the 1st
So today we tracted a ton but didn't really get much, in fact, we went up to one door and a lady comes running out and is like what church are you guys from? "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints" GO AWAY!!!!! hahahaha and we saw a few other people outside their houses and then went in when they saw us and wouldn't open the door when we knocked hahaha Oh well, hopefully the Lord will soften their hearts one day!
Today we had an appointment with a guy named Frank that we found tracting. We taught him The Restoration. The Lesson went great! Elder Fisher is a great teacher already! He is like 50 times better at teaching then I was when I first started teaching! I didn't even speak! hahaha But we had a great lesson and he was really interested in learning more so we are going back in a week to see what he like about The Book of Mormon!
Wednesday the 2nd!
We had district meeting held my Elder Paul out District Leader! We had a good lesson on finding investigators mixed in with planning to find them! It was good! We then went to Raising Canes for lunch! I'm going to miss Raising Canes so much when I leave here! After that we went and practiced teaching and then went back home. Later that day the Waits brought us food and it was Pizza Hut! Good stuff! We also got a referral for a Micheal Parrow! We were excited for that!
Thursday the 3rd!
So today we went out to see a bunch of less actives! And did a lot of tracting! It was good but not much came from it! I felt good because I was working way hard but sad because not much came out of it! Oh well, we did find a potiential! That will be exciting! Then we went and ate at Subway! I'm greatful to get free subway once a week here! hahaha good stuff!
Friday the 4th!
So today sucked because my front bike tire went flat and there was no fixing it! We had to walk all the way to Walmart and back to get a tube! We got it and fixed it up and then we went and did some tracting. We met with the referral that we received the other day and him and his family seem way legit! I'm way excited to teach them! After that it was pretty late! We were picked up by the south Gulfport missionaries and spent the night there so we could go to the church in the morning to watch conference and play ball! It was way awesome!
Saturday the 5th
We got up played some backetball and went and watched conference all day! It was a lot of fun. The hurricane sucked, we had a couple of rainstorms here and there, a couple of really dark clouds went by but nothing much at all. I was disappointed hahahaha! But General Conference was legit and I loved every minute of it! We were fed some pizza in between and then had some rootbeer floats after priesthood!
Sunday the 6th
It was the same good stuff and then afterwards we went to the Harper's for dinner and we were basically done for the day! It was a good week! And I loved Conference! It's the best! And it is my last conference in the mission the 4th and final one in my mission! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! Doubt your doubts, don't doubt your Faith!
love
Elder Kerr
Sept 23rd - 29th
Dear Mother
So we had a pretty good first week Elder Henrie's last day was Monday the 23rd. We basically just did things that Elder Henrie wanted to do! We went around so Elder Henrie could say his goodbyes. I also got my haircut professionally, this is the first in the mission field. The last time I did that was in the MTC. HAHAHA. It was good! Sister Slatten usually does my haircuts for me! I love it!
Tuesday the 24th
Transfer day! I said goodbye to Elder Henrie and Elder Mossman, who were leaving the District. Then basically just hung out at the church all day until the new missionaries got there. Got a text message saying that I would be training Elder Fisher. He came in and he is a way awesome guy. He just barely graduated High School so he is about Megan's age. He's part Tongan, he loves sports and especially Rugby! A sport that I really want to try out when I get home. Sounds way fun. hahaha. We had a dinner appointment with the Clawson family. His first dinner appointment with the guy who played for the BYU football ( I think I told you guys about him, he was the one that took Sam Bradford with a broken collar bone!) haha anyways it was good. I was planning on taking Elder Fisher tracting right away but it was raining super hard all day! It kinda sucked! Oh well, we went to the pad and he unpacked and we then planned!
Wednesday the 25th
District meeting today! It was a great meeting with our new District Leader Elder Paul. He has been out about 8 months or so! He is way cool. So I guess president wants young leadership in the mission. I guess he doesn't want missionaries going home as leadership anymore. We have a lot of young leadership. Anyways after the meeting we went out to lunch and then we went out to see Howard and the Smiths! After that we went out tracting for the first time and surprisingly the first door we knocked on, the guy is a less active Mormon hahahahaha. I was like well that's convenient! His name was Gilbert Dasiova and we are going to try to come back and see him. Anyways, we didn't have a lot of success but we got a return appointment with a guy named Tim. We lent him a copy of The Book of Mormon and got a return appointment! We will see where that takes us! He was pretty dang nervous! But so is everyone really there first time haha! After that we went to see the Slattens. Some really cool members and we talked with them for a bit. Sister Slatten loves missionaries coming over (she was the one to cut my hair) and we got to talk to her for a bit. After that not much happened but it was a pretty good day to break him into missionary work.
Thursday the 26th
Now today was not a good day we went tracting and got nothing we tried a bunch of people and no one was home. But the Gulfport South missionaries hadn't emailed yet so we went and picked them up and took them to the library. Then we went to the Stevenson's for dinner and they made us MANTI TURKEY!!!!!! I WAS LIKE, YES!!! I REMEMBER GRANDMA SHARON MAKING THIS FOR US! It was GREAT hahahaha!
Friday the 27th
We did our Weekly Planning! It was kinda slow because basically I was trying to show Elder Fisher how to do it and he was basically making the decisions. But it made sense, he's brand new but he definitely is catching on. Then we went and tried contacting this referral that we received! She was hesitant at first but we lent here The Book of Mormon and got a return appointment with her so, hopefully, she is solid! Then we went and got subway because we get free Subway once a week here in this ward! It is sick!!! Love it! We did quite a bit of tracting today, it was good! We did about an hour and a half tracting which can be a long time. But we tracted this big long street! Mt. Bass! And really for most the part no luck but we were going to this house and for some reason I thought this guy was going to yell at us so I was hesitant! But I said a prayer and we went anyways and he comes out and is like, "I'm not interested in anything you're selling boys" and we just say "We aren't selling anything", He says "is it free?" and we say "YES" and he says "can I eat it." You could but it wouldn't taste good haha. We started teaching him right there and he was interested he started reading The Book of Mormon right when we walked away and we got a return appointment and he said that he is looking forward to it! So me and Elder Fisher are really excited! His name is Frank and we are planning to see him on the 1st (so tommorow!) It will be good I hope :) After we tracted we went out with Brother Clawson and went and tried seeing a bunch of less actives! We got to meet 2! One was Amanda Cross and her husband Daniel. We just told her straight up, "we are here to invite you back to church" and she started to open back up to us! We got in and left a little message and we are going to start teaching them. I don't think Daniel, her husband, is a member! So I'm excited about that! Then we met a girl named Sherri Allen and we were straight up with her as well and invited her back and she started opening up to us. She said that she is interested in giving us a call and having us teach her and her family! This is a part member family so the first thing that popped into my head was to teach them that Families can be together forever! It's going to be good!
After that we went to correlation meeting with our new ward mission leader, Travis Engebretson! And then went back home and planned! It was a great day!
Saturday the 28th
Today we saw Howard again, with the Smith's and then afterwards we went and saw Ezzard a recent investigator. We invited him to be baptized and he wants to! He basically has been taught everything, he just needs to read and pray and come to church. And have the Faith to do it! So we will be working with him! It will be exciting! We committed him to come to church and to read and pray to prepare himself! It will be good!
Sunday the 29th
Fast and testimony meeting!! I love it! It was a great Sunday! Elder Fisher's first Sunday in the mission field! He got up and bore his testimony! And it was awesome! Not much happened after church but it was a great week! I loved it! And I love Elder Fisher! He is from St. George my 2nd companion from that area. Elder Averett was the first!
Well I'll end there! The church is true everyone, the church is TRUE!
love
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment