Monday, October 14, 2013

We put our hands on the baby's head. . . . . and the spirit rushed into the room.

Dear Mother.
Not a whole lot of detail for this week because it was a slower week but it was a decent one though. We had a couple of good experiences! We met with Frank again this week and taught him the Plan of Salvation. That went really well. He told us he is still very interested and that he is going to read and pray more. He was talking with us and I'm pretty sure that he already has his answer but just doesn't know it yet. Anyways, we also found out that he won't be in Long Beach anymore! He will be moving to Gulfport so the other missionaries will be teaching him the rest of the lessons! Which is fine, I just want to see him join the church. =)
We also had an oppurtunity to go to the hospital to give a newborn baby a blessing. He wasn't doing so good. I had never given a blessing to a baby. They had him in a separate room to make sure he wouldn't catch anything. I don't even think the parents had a chance to hold him yet. Anyways, we went in and the doctors were hesitant at first but they let us in.  We walked in and saw this newborn baby just laying there and he looks directly at us and starts crying a little.  We put our hands on the babys head as gently as possible and I gave him a blessing. At first he started to cry but as we got further into it he stopped crying.  And then the spirit rushed into the room and it was so strong. One of the times in my life that I have felt it the strongest! I finished the blessing and he was looking right at me with the most peaceful eyes I have ever seen. It was like he knew everything was going to be alright. And that he knew that we were there to help him. It was the most undescribable feeling! But I left there knowing even more that there is a God! I was tearing up the whole way out of the Hospital I couldn't hold back my tears. =) It was an amazing experience! It strenghened my testimony of God even more!
Another experience we had this week. On Saturday we went out tracting and ran into this hard core Baptist. He was telling us that our religion is wrong. I told him straight up that we weren't there to argue with him! And from that point on the spirit took over and we were able to explain to him about The Book of Mormon. He accepted a Book and we challenged him to read and pray! When we testified even his apperence changed and it seemed like he was tearing up a bit! It was another cool experience, another time where the spirit was so very strong! I can't even remember most of the things we even talked about! Anyways, that was our week!
I love ya and I hope all is well.
The CHURCH IS TRUE!!
Love
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment