Sunday, November 17, 2013

I always enjoy my time with the President, he is just a loving guy!

October 28th - November 3rd
 
Dear Mother,
I sent Megan's letter off yesterday so it will be there soon.  We have been invited for Thanksgiving by a couple of people! It's going to be a blast! I can't wait to eat some turkey and gravy! It's going to be good! That is very awesome that Dad built a shed with the wood that he took down from next to the garage! Thats awesome! I feel I have potiential with that talent, I just need to develop it! I hope so anyways! Who is the new Elders Quorum presidency?
For Halloween Elder Fisher and I went to Walmart for a bit and ate out at this small chinese resturant! Later that night we ate at a pizza buffet with all the missionaries! Sister Wood took us out to dinner. It was great!  But we can't really do much on Halloween as missionaries and the ward didn't have a trunk or treat, sadly!
 
Here is my detailed email
 
Monday the 28th
We had our P-day today and we ended up going to Jefferson Davis's house, the President of the Confederate Army, for a tour. It was pretty cool and they had a gift shop of all kinds of confederate stuff! Brother Wade took all of the Gulfport Ward missionaries there. It was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed it!! After that we went to do our emails and that was basically our day! It was fun!
Tuesday the 29th
Today we had a crazy day! We tracted and found a few potentials. Then we had an appointment with a former investigator named Michael and holy crap it was crazy.  According to Michael, their were like 16 FLDS members (or someone) that dressed up like Mormon missionaries who were giving out The Book of Mormon and the same pamphlets that we give out. But then they were forcing their way through doors and saying you will listen to our message! Anyway this Michael got way mad about it and was telling us that he hired some people to take them out! I'm just like, WHAT?! This guy is crazy hahaha anyways after all this we just kept on encouraging him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. After that we went over to the Smith's and had dinner. It was way good! They had the work and the Glory movie on. Those Movies are way good! Then we headed home!
Wednesday the 30th
Today we had interviews with President! I always enjoy my time with President, he is just such a loving guy! And I love him! He is a great example to me! We talked about the short time that I have left and that this needs to be "THE SPRINT TO THE FINISH LINE!" During interviews we also had our District Meeting! It was awesome! Loved it! Afterwards we went to Chili's for dinner! GOOD DAY!
Thursday the 31st
Halloween!! My 2nd one in the mission and my last one as well! Sadly we couldn't really do anything today! We basically went out to eat at a Chinese buffet in Long Beach. Then we went to Walmart and later that night we went to a pizza buffet with all the missionaries in the Gulfport ward! Sister Wood took us! It was fun and good! Then we went home!
Friday the 1st
21 MONTHS out for me! I cant believe that I have been out this long! It has gone by so fast! I will be home before anybody knows it! I'm getting excited! Today we did a bunch of tracting and then we went to the Hauserbergers for dinner and had a really good Roast beef dinner (not quite as good as the ones we had back home on Sundays! :D) Anyways, it was good! Then we went to coorelation meeting and then home!
Saturday the 2nd
Today we had a Chili cook off in our ward, the Fall Festival! It was fantastic and the missionaries were the judges of the Chili and we had to choose who won out of the 9 different chili's! It was fun and good! Jim Head, an investigator of ours, that we have been helping with yard work showed up and loved it! He enjoyed all of it! He talked with a bunch of different members! It was great!
Sunday the 3rd
CHURCH! It was good as usual! Afterwards we went out and tracted a few streets and then later that night we went and had dinner at a recent converts house named Michael. He was baptized the same time as Daniel and Howard! It was like a going away party for the missionaries that were leaving the Ward! This is week 6 and people are being transferred from the district! It was a sad time for some but not so much for me.  I'm so use to having people leave and getting new guys! Love them all though! While we were waiting, there was this older lady named Penny, a less active member of the church. We were just having a grand old time with her! She was a loose cannon! So much random stuff comes out of her mouth hahaha! Loved it! Such a sweet lady!
Well that was my week! I love you all and remember the church is true!
Love
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment