Monday, December 9, 2013

What an exciting week! Baptisms always makes the week better.



Dear Mother!
Yeah, it was awesome! Ariel Flores was baptized and confirmed! It was a powerful experience! Her husband, Nick Flores, baptized her and when she came up out of the water she started to cry and hugged him! It was a powerful moment to see! I love them and they love us! =) She was very prepared by the Lord. All we had to do basically was teach the lessons and answer her questions! I love them! And it was cool to get a baptism with my trainee! I didn't get a baptism with my trainer! It was awesome! We don't really have anyone else as of right now.  It sucks, but it happens. This week we are focused on finding new investigators! We have a couple of referrals that might be legit! It's going to be awesome!
Yep, I will be home for Super Bowl Sunday!  I was in the MTC when the Giants and Patriots played each other again! So Super Bowl Sunday should be fun! =D
I was terrible at learning our ward members names before I left on my mission so I feel like I'm not going to know anybody's name when I get home! But that's sad that so many families are moving out of the ward.
The Long Beach area is around 70 degrees right now but it has been very foggy and cloudy for the last week! 
So onto my week.
Monday the 2nd
We had our Christmas Zone Conference! It was my last one of the mission and so I got to bare my testimony since I was one of the older ones! There are only 3 of us that this was our last Zone Conference!
Tuesday the 3rd
P-day
This day was so fun! We ended up playing Sand Volleyball and it was just a blast all the Elders from Gulfport played and it was just so fun! hahahaha I enjoyed myself!
Wednesday the 4th
So today we tracted and we had Ariel's interview today by one of the Zone Leaders Elder Palmieri! It was awesome!
Thursday the 5th
We tracted today also! And we ended up running into this guy and his wife that was from Russia! He went on for like an hour about how Russia is so much betther than the USA! A thought came to mind! If it is so much better why is he here in Long Beach, Mississippi in the USA! hahaha It was a good day, anyway! We went over to the Flores' to have dinner and I decided I would cook for them! I made them some fried chicken tenders and they were pretty good!
Friday the 6th
Today was a very slow day nothing happened except we had correlation meeting with our ward mission leader.  He came and picked us up and it was good!
Saturday the 7th 
Baptism of Ariel Flores! It was awesome! It was my 9th one that I have helped out with =) Love it! Anyways, It was fantastic! Oh and right afterwards we got a chance to meet a member of the quorum of the seventy Elder Zwick! It was an awesome experience like they all are! I loved it! And then after that we had dinner with the Flores' family! 
Sunday the 8th
Ariel was confirmed what an exciting week! Baptisms always makes the week much better! =)
Well I will end there!
I love you and hope all is well!
love your Son
Elder Kerr


December 3rd

Dear Mother
So I will give you an update on the last 2 weeks.
For the week of the 18th - 24th of November
I had my first gator for the celebration of Elder Fisher's birthday! It was good but very chewy!!! hahaha I can now say that I have eaten gator! Love it!
We also have been working hard with Ariel Flores to be baptized on the 7th of December! We are so excited! I cant wait! Again this week we had interviews with President McDonough! He is doing something new! He is going to be doing interviews every transfer now and not just every other one! It was good as always! We also did a lot of tracting this week!  On this one street I was just out of it! At this 1 door this like 17 year old girl answered the door and I started talking to her! Then I tell her we are Mormons! (Then I don't know what I was thinking but then I ask her) Are you Mormon? hahahahahahahahaha! We had a good laugh. I trip over my words all the time when tracting! hahaha but it was a funny experience! I think we ended up giving her a Book of Mormon! hahaha Good stuff!
Week of the 25th of November - the 1st of December!
We taught Ariel Flores some more! Then we went on exchanges with Elder Jones! He is a brand new missionary! Only been out about 4 weeks! Did some service for Jim Head and saw a couple of less actives! It was good! Anyways we went to DDM on Wednesday and I even taught because Elder Paul our DL asked me to share a little message! It was fun just like old times! I love it!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We ate at the Bishops and we hung out there for a while just had a fantastic time hahaha I loved it, so many laughs! Elder Fisher and I were just messing with his older daughters the Whole day so funny! Our Bishop here is awesome! Loved it a lot! Bishop even turned on the TV and watched a little football good stuff! Anyways later that night we went to the Slattens for another Thanksgiving dinner! It was good to! It was kind of a slower week because of the Holidays but it was good!
We had a zone Conference as well this last Monday the 2nd! It was awesome! My last one at that! And usually if its your last one they have you bare your testimony! It was a crazy thing! I was like I can't believe this is it my last zone conference! I almost teared up but I didn't! It was awesome! hahaha I got your letters by the way! So thank you so much! And Dads! My next transfer day is the 17th of December and I have no idea if I am going to leave or not! So it would be best to send things so it gets to me before the 17th or wait until after so I can let you know if my address has changed.  I am going to need to send some stuff home! 
Well I think I will end there!
I love you
And I hope all is well
Love your son 
Elder Kerr



November 12, 2013

Let grandma Sharon know I got her package and I loved it! Always do! Tell her thank you so much!.
 
So this week was a decent week! I loved it (except for the end D= )
We have a new investigator/ part member family we are working with! The Flores family, Ariel Flores to be exact. They invited us over for dinner last Friday and she told us she was interested in learning more. We answered some of her questions and then we went over The Plan of Salvation. It was so exciting! She is way legit and golden. Hopefully, she will make that commitment.
Saturday and Sunday were very crappy days for me. I was sick (still am pretty sick) I either have a stomach virus or a stomach ulcer. Either way my stomach is killing me and I have been in pain these last couple of days and haven't been able to work sadly! I hate it but oh well. I forgot my planner again. So I wont be giving a very detailed email this time. Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment