Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pray for Amber and Joel. Thanks for all of the cards, letters and packages! It was awesome!

Dear family,
August 5th-10th    
     I did get a lot of extra mail for my 18 month anniversary! It was awesome and much appreciated! I got packages from Connie, Crystal, Nicole and Samantha.  Thank you all very much!  And I loved the Superman Shirt, mom! I threw that on right when I got it!  I also got several letters, cards and postcards from Jenny and the girls, grandma Sharon and grandma Ivy and some ward members.  Thank you all! 
     Congratulations Josh on your call to Tonga! THATS AWESOME! I'm so proud of you!!!! Did anybody guess right, who was the closest?  I don't have my planner on me because it's the start of a new transfer so I have a new one.  I am staying with Elder Henrie another transfer which probably means that I will stay with him until he goes home because he only has 1 transfer left!  Anyways it's coming up fast! We are still in a finding stage for new investigators. We tracted quite a bit and found a few people that told us we could come back but when we did they didn't answer.  But the other missionaries are super busy at the moment so hopefully we will start again.
     Please pray for Amber and Joel. Joel has been an investigator that has been taught for a while now.  He wants to be baptized really soon but the Bishop and others are concerned that he doesn't quite understand the commitment of joining the Church. So hopefully, we can help him to better understand!  Pray for him! 
     Our Zone Leader, Elder Hosea, is headed home this Wednesday! He is a great missionary and I look up to him! He will be missed! We had a BBQ with him on Saturday and had a little going away party for him! It was legit! Anyways sorry this week wasn't too detailed! But I love you and miss you! Not to long until I will be home too!
Love your Son
Elder Kerr


July 29th-August 4th
Monday the 29th
P-day! Today we played some ball with the other Elders and had a good time! Your average p-day! We were fed by the Bensons, that was awesome! They are a great family! He was telling us stories from his mission.  He served out of country and he was telling us all these stories and it just made me say to myself. "I'm glad to serve in the states! hahaha
Tuesday the 30th
Yesterday Elder Henrie rolled his ankle pretty badly so we weren't able to do much today! But we did finish a few things we weren't able to do on P-Day so that was good!
Wednesday the 31st
We had a DDM today! And it was about teaching the people and not the lessons. Teach what the people need not just recite the lessons! It was good! We then went on exchanges! I went with Elder Mossman in Gulfport South and we had ourselves a good time.
Thursday the 1st
We changed back to our companionships. Elder Henrie and I took a list of less active members and primary children. Nobody was home. We also stopped by and started teaching a man named Michael. Some missionaries found him a while ago and we decided to stop by to see how he was doing! We talked about the Book of Mormon a bit and set a return appointment! It was awesome! We also stopped by to see how Howard was doing,our recent convert! He was doing really well but his car wasn't he had to trash it.  Anyways, Howard and his Aunt Smith told us that the Sunday when I confirmed him a member they teared up because they felt that God was speaking through me. They felt they heard God's voice through me! I was really touched by that. Another amazing experience! I loved it! Good day.
Friday the 2nd
Today we did some weekly planning already planning for week 6! This transfer went by fast only 4 more transfers after this one! It was good! We tried seeing a bunch of people today but we couldn't find anybody. We did have dinner with Michael and Daniel today with the Sisters! That was a pretty awesome time! I loved it!
Saturday the 3rd!
Today we contacted some referals that we had and tried some other less actives! But no one was home again. We did visit with a recent convert named Mark! He showed us his big fish tank.  He had Clown fish in the tank like nemo! He had a salt water tank which I haven't seen before! It was awesome! We tracted today as well! We went out and we did find someone that wanted us to come back. His name was Bryan Young! I'm way excited for that! I haven't had too much success on my mission through tracting! So hopefully he is legit!
Sunday the 4th
Fast and testimony meeting today! It was a good, it's always interesting to here everyones testimony! After church we went out with Brother Wade, the Elders Quorum President, and did some Home teaching with him. It was awesome! We saw the Evan's and the Gramma's! Great families! After that we took our dinner! which I very much enjoyed! Good Sunday!
Well that was my week! It was a decent week and I enjoyed it! Anyways, I hope all is well and I hope everyone has a good week. 
The Church is true!
Love
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment