Friday, April 26, 2013

My new companion is Elder Hopman from Oregan. He's a good kid and likes sword fighting.

     Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and that goes for everybody! It's much appreciated. I did receive the package and card thank you so much. =) And I did have a good birthday! I loved it! We had an Elders Quorum social that day as well which was really fun, it wasn't for my birthday but it was still fun hahaha. Anyways it was great.
     I can't believe that Alex is entering the MTC so soon! That's great!!!!! It's going to be exciting, he will leave before the end of this transfer I believe!! And Mother's Day is coming up soon.  Um I think that we will be able to skype for Mother's Day.  We have a family that offered us a computer to use.  So we totally could! Here's my week.
Monday the 8th
Was the last P-day I was with Elder Sorenson before his transfer.  Elder Percival was also here and ready to go as well from New Boston. We had a great time going out to see people for his last day here. We ended up going to the Neilson's for a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and made smores. Then we headed back and I barely got any sleep because we had to get up at like 3:45 to get ready to go!
Tuesday the 9th
Transfer Day- we headed down to Shreveport at 4:30 am and got there around 6. Then they were loaded up and headed out by around 6:30. So Elder Poole and I just hung out in Shreveport until the van got back with our new companions. We checked some stores like the Bass Pro Shop! That was a way cool store I want to go there again! They got back around 4 pm and then we headed back up to our areas. The car was packed with luggage because we have a small Toyota and trying to fit 4 guys and a bunch of luggage made for an interesting trip.
     Anyways sorry to cut this short but I've got to go. I will tell you the rest of the week later
So I will start from where I ended in my last email.
Wednesday the 10th
It was a really stormy day and we were stuck in New Boston because I didn't want to drive home in it. But eventually it stopped and we headed back to Atlanta. We saw The Robinson's and gave Carrie a blessing and then went to Beth Harper's for Elder Hopman to meet. Then headed home for the night.
Thursday the 11th
Also a day to show Elder Hopman around town and to meet members. I had him meet the Brown's, and the Neilsons and we had dinner with them as well. We helped Brother Neilson with his chicken coop and called it a night.
Friday the 12th
We got up and headed to the church right away to help the Frank's with moving a stage to a different room. so that they could move the seminary into that one. This church house has a big stage that they can take apart and put together but they never use it. Anyways we got that all moved out and then they took us out to breakfast at McDonald's. The Rest of the Day was kinda a slow day but we did try this media refferal we got and it was in Doddrige, Arkansas. We got out there and it is in the middle of nowhere! Everytime I get a media refferal it's always in the middle of nowhere. And nobody was home!!! AARRGGHH!!! I hate when that happens!
Saturday the 13th
My birthday. Not one of the most eventful birthdays ever for me but I did try to make some brownies which I didn't have the right amount of stuff for. So it ended up being more like a cake. Then I didn't wait for it to cool before I put the candles in it. Mentle note: never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever put candles into a cake that just barely came out of the oven. The Candles melted inside of the cake!! It was bad. So I had waxed mixed cake that was suppose to be brownies for my birthday hahahaha. We also had an Elders Quorum social today and had some really good food!!
Sunday the 14th
Great Sunday! Our fast Sunday was today because of General Conference! We heard some great testimonies! It was awesome! We ended up going to Harville's for lunch afterwards and they live down in Rodessa! The Harville's are a really cool family! I figured out that Brother Harville is in the movie business. And he has worked on some screenplays for movies and he told me all about doing screenplays.  And you know me, I love movies! He told me to get one of my favorite movies and the screenplay watch the movie then read the screenplay and then watch the movie again. After doing that for about 50 different movies I will be able to understand how screenplays work. So I may check that out when I get home. After we got home we tried to contact a few different people.  We got to see one of our investgators, Thomas Clark. We just had Elder Hopman meet him and see how he was doing! Then we headed on over to the Neilson's for our usual dinner with them. It was good! Headed home and called it a night.
Monday the 15th
P-day.  We went up to New Boston to hang with the Elders up there for a bit. Around 4:30 we headed back to Atlanta and started Exchanges. So the new Elder in New Boston, Elder Bytheway, came down with me to Atlanta. And Elder Hopman stayed in New Bosten with Elder Poole.  Then we went to the Neilson's again for dinner because they wanted to celebrate all the April Birthdays and I was one of the birthdays. Hahaha so that was fun.
Tuesday the 16th
Today we did a lot of service and I got my package from you guys today! I loved the Batman Shirt and the DVDs and the brand new white shirt! Thank you. We cleaned up a yard full of sticks and rocks so the lawn could be safely mowed. Checked on Jeff Brown and then the rest of the day was kinda slow! We went to Taco Bell for dinner and then called it a day.
Wednesday the 17th
VERY HUMID DAY TODAY and District Meeting! And the end of the Exchange with Elder Bytheway! We had the Zone Leaders here for District Meeting today, which is Elder Ison and Elder Milligan. We had a great meeting. We talked about finding people and getting our areas up and running with finding. It was a great meeting I thought. So when we headed back to Altanta we focused on finding a good area to start tracting on the map and finding people with our area books. That was mainly our day. We went to the library today also. Then we were walking by a restaurant in town called Luigi's and I just thought to myself that would be really good right now. Then all of the sudden we here a whistle coming from the restaurant and it's the Harville's asking us if we have had lunch! We were like no. And so we got to eat there =D hahaha
Thursday the 18th
Went from a very hot day to a very cold day today! We got rained on without a car! So it sucked! We didn't do anything because we couldn't.
Friday the 19th
Today we went down to Jimmys house to do some service on his house. It was so cool because he had gotten a baby Rottweiler! And I love Rottweilers! So it was cool! When I was talking with Jimmy he pointed out this big cat looking thing that crossed the road! It was bigger then a bobcat and it was black! We believe we saw a panther down in Rodessa! People around here said they have seen some and now we know hahaha. After we helped on the house we went and helped Brother Simmons. Then we picked up dinner from the Cross' and headed home. After we ate we went and saw the Robinson's. It was dark when we walked home. As we were walking we saw this figure in the distance and it was a guy walking toward us. I'm just thinking! Oh shoot! We walked passed him and waved. When I waved I saw in his other hand that he had a weapon of somekind! So I was like holy crap hahaha.  We got back and called it a night.
Saturday the 20th
So today was another slow day but we met with a few members and did some service for the Neilson's and they fed us today instead of feeding us tommorow.
Sunday the 21st
So it was Elder Hopman's 2nd Sunday and he got to speak today on Sacrifice! He did a good job and we had a good Sunday! After Church we went with Brother Lyle to give this Lady in a Nursing home the Sacrament. She was so happy when she got it! =) it made me feel awesome for helping out. Sweet lady! Afterwards we went to the Marchan's for dinner and had some Bass and Brim! It was good! I'm still not a huge fish eater but I can eat it now. I think Bass is my favorite fish now though either that or Catfish! He said that he would take us out fishing so I definitely want to do that with them. After we went and saw Beth Harper and had a good discussion with her. Then we headed back home and got picked up for dinner. While we were walking home on the same street we saw the guy with a weapon some cops stopped us and asked if we saw a black guy around here bleeding. I'm just like no. But I guess this street is pretty bad with crime hahaha kinda scary. We got back and the Frank's picked us up and fed us some Pizza and Spaghetti! It was really good! We played a trivia game with them on the 4 standard works and then headed home for the night, called in numbers, and went to sleep.
     So I will tell you a little about my companion. He is a quiet guy and keeps to himself. He has opened up more but still is very quiet I have to make most of the decisions. This is his 4th transfer out and he's a good kid! He likes sword fighting and he's from Oregon!
     Well that will be all for today. I love you and I miss you and I hope all will continue to do well.
Love your son Elder Kerr.

P.S.  Dad, I also can't believe that I have been out 14 months! It has gone by so fast! And that was my 3rd General Conference in the Mission which I also can't believe. This area has really brought the RedNeck out in me hahaha. I really want to go hunting with you when I get back I actually want to go bow hunting! I think that will be really cool! I would love to get a cross bow and go hunting. What really brought this up was my visit to the new Bass Pro Shop in Shreveport this last Tuesday. I loved it there hahaha.  Which store is bigger, Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop? Anyways, I thought it was a really cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment