Friday, April 5, 2013

Staying in Atlanta but getting a new companion.

Dear family,
Thank Grandma Ivy and Grandma Sharon for their gifts they are much appreciated. Well we got the calls, Elder Sorenson is leaving and going to Pass Christian. It's down on the coast and I'm getting Elder Hopman. I'm being made District Leader again because Elder Percival is being transferred to Slidell, Louisiana, the most Cajun part of the mission. Somewhere I want to serve in really badly hahahaha! So I'm staying in Atlanta and so my address is still good to go. Anyways onto my week.
Monday the 25th
It was a good P-Day. Did the usual. We went to the Ward family for dinner and had some delicious Spaghetti!! And a good spirtual thought. Loved it! One of their kids reminds me of myself when I was younger hahaha. He is a picky eater, has that thick hair and he loves Hot Cheetos!!! hahahahahaha oh yeah!!! Anyways after that we went over to Jeff's, a less active member, and hung out with him for a bit. Then headed home and called it a night.
Tuesday the 26th
Slow day today but we did get to have dinner with the Gholson family.  They're an older couple, she is a member and he isn't. But he loves us missionaries and he is a pretty funny guy. Hopefully we will have a chance to teach him someday.
Wednesday the 27th
District Meeting! Our 2nd to last before the transfer!!! It was a great meeting! Loved it so much!!!! We had the ZLs come as well which was awesome! Then we went out to eat at Bloomburg foods for lunch. Another slow day after that but we did get fed by the Zylks! They brought it over to us.
Thursday the 28th
We went and saw Beth Harper to check on her. She is going through some trials right now and just needed someone to talk to and we were there for her. We talked to her about The Word of Wisdom and gave her the pamphlet. We also talked to her about the upcoming Young Women's Conference and thought she might be interested in it. We are planning to watch that with her this next Saturday. After her we went and checked on the Robinson's. And they're doing pretty good in their new house.  They gave us some incense which was awesome!  Elder Sorenson and I have and incense burner that is a 5 headed dragon and when you light the incense inside of it, smoke starts to come out of the mouths and ears.  It's way legit!  LOVE IT!  HAHA!  Then we checked on Jeff and headed home.  Much better day than the others.
Friday the 29th
So today was an interesting day. We went down to Rodessa to help Jimmy Phillips with his house! We got a lot done and they ended up wanting to feed us afterwards! We already had some dinner lined up but they were just sending it home with us so we decided we would come back to Jimmy's house later. Then we went to Brother Simmons to help with his house.  Afterwards we picked our food and took it to Jimmys house for dinner. Their family aren't members but they love us so much for helping them out. We hung out with his kids and ate. Their boy gave us some paper to draw on. So I drew a dragon and they both liked it! So I drew one for each of their kids =). Jimmy saw the drawing and told me he is looking for an artist for a future job he is hoping to get into with comics and stuff like that. He asked me to draw him a picture to see if he might be interested in having me draw for him. I was like alright. He said, once you're all done with your mission you could work for me if I like your work. So I'm drawing him something to see if he likes it hahaha. After dinner he took us home and we called it a night!
Saturday the 30th
Slower day but we got to see the Neilson's and met with them for a little bit. After that we went and watched the Young Women's Conference with Beth Harper. She loved it and even recorded it! So I know she will enjoy watching General Conference! I can't wait to watch it! It's going to be way exciting!!! Oh yeah, she ended up making us some grilled cheese sandwhiches and then we called it a night!
Sunday the 31st
Happy Easter! It was a great Sunday and a very stormy one as well!!! It was great hahaha. It was pouring like crazy outside during sacrament. We had some great talks. Elder Sorenson talked and so did our Ward Mission Leader.  Great ones! After church we did our usual and went over to the Neilson's for an Easter dinner. After dinner we went home and then we headed up to New Boston for our last P-day on Monday. And that was our week.
I'll end there. I love ya and miss ya
your son
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment