Sorry for the short emails these past couple of weeks. A lot's been going on and I don't have much time again today. I'll write more later in the week. Transfers are on April 9th. I don't think I'll be transferred but start using the Mission Office address to send me mail until I know for sure. They will forward all my mail to me and it only takes an extra day. Here's the Mission Office address:
Elder Shawn Kerr
Mississippi Jackson Mission
175 Burnham Rd.
Brandon, MS 39042
Tell grandma Sharon I got her package and thank her for that. We had a pretty packed week with a lot of meetings, traveling and bad weather! Not much missionary work happened sadly but here's the info for March 11th thru the 24th. I'll send this last week's info later in the week.
Monday March 11th
Happy 21st Birthday to Aaron Jackson. It's crazy that he is coming home so soon! I can't believe it. And to other friends as well that came home recently! Here's a shout out to Patrick, Eric Hoskins and Nate Humphreys for returning home from their missions!! It really went by fast! Today was just an average P-Day! But we did go to the Boyle's for dinner and they live down in Vivian which is in Louisiana! We had their special Boneless Ribs!!! Oh, they were so good! He is a funny guy and family. The Lyle's joined us for dinner as well and after words Brother Lyle took us home. On the way we had a good dicussion with him on mission life. He is our Ward Mission Leader and he was telling us about his mission. He served in the Salt Lake City mission back in '06 or something like that. Anyways, he told us some cool stuff from that mission. He served in the Magna area. It was cool, all good!
Tuesday the 12th
Today was a good day! We got to see several people. We taught Brooke more on The Book of Mormon. She is having a hard time understanding it but she is coming along and is very interested in learning more. Then we went to see Beth Harper so Elder Sorenson could meet her. We set up another appointment with her and went to see some recent converts, the Robinsons. They just moved into a new house that is much closer so thats nice. Then we got fed by the Gholson's and had some good Ribs! It was a good time with them. I loved it! Great Day!
Wednesday the 13th
District Meeting, good as always had lunch at the Deli in the area for free. It's nice to go there every once in a while! Then we went down to Rodessa to help out this recent investigator, Jimmy Phillips. He's remodeling his house! It was hard work but I enjoyed it. There's a lot of work still to be done so we are going to try to get a big service project going on it with the priesthood! Afterwards Brother Simmons took us out to dinner at Subway! Good stuff!!!
Thursday the 14th
Today we saw Jeff Brown and asked when we could stop by and help him out with cleaning his back yard. We are going to go over tommorow to do it. Lots of fun. We taught Beth Harper today a lesson on The Gospel of Jesus Christ! It was a really good lesson but she just isn't quite ready to commit to joining just yet because of her husband. But we love her and are continuing to teach her. She is still very interested in General Conference. It will be good! After that we headed over to see the Neilson's. We visited with them for a bit and they fed us dinner. And we got to help out with mowing their lawn. It was the first time I rode on a sit down lawn mower. Once we finished Elder Sorenson tried to drive the mower up into the truck. Not a good idea he almost fell over onto his head with the mower on top of him. He is kind of a crazy kid. Just doesn't seem to care what others think. haha
Friday the 15th
We spent the day cleaning up Jeff's backyard. It was lots of fun! We got a lot done and cleaned it up pretty good! Then they fed us dinner and we headed home for the night.
Saturday the 16th
Today we went up to New Boston to wash the car for the coming Zone Conference!! We got it cleaned and headed to Walmart to get a few things. We stayed and ate dinner at Taco Bell. Played a game and then headed back to Atlanta. It was a good time.
Sunday the 17th
Church once again. And it's always a booster!! Loved it! Not much really happened today. We took a little nap after church and then we headed over to Bloomburg to have dinner with the Neilson's! I love that family and they sure do love to have us over for dinner. The Oriely's came over as well to hangout for a bit. The Neilson's and Oriely's are crazy together. They're really good friends. Then the Frank's also came over and they had a big discussion on Obama and what he his doing to this Nation. I'm just thinking in my head, "I HATE POLITCS! SO MUCH CONTENTION!!!!" We have Zone Conference tomorrow so New Boston came and spent the night. We are closer to Shreveport than they are. We talked for a bit and then headed to bed. We have to get up early. We have car inspections at 7:30 am.
Monday the 18th
We got up and headed down for Zone Conference. We headed out around 6 to get there on time but we were pretty early hahaha. We got all the car inspections done with and had our meeting. It was an awesome meeting! Got to see a bunch of different missionaries I hadn't seen for a while! Good stuff! During the meeting Elder Sorenson and I got to do a demonstration on finding people. We do a lot of practicing in this mission. We also took 3rd place in the clean car award so that was cool! Then they sang Happy Birthday to me and a few others and we got some goodies! It was a great meeting. The main focus was to teach people not lessons. Afterwards us and the New Boston Elders went to the mall and a few other stores that we don't get to see a lot of out in the country. Then because we had another meeting we had to go to tommorow we spent the night with the spanish Elders here in this Zone! We had a good time with them! We played Settlers of Catan with them and enjoyed the night! We also ate at Panda Express which was way good!
Tuesday the 19th
We went to the special meeting. It was a meeting for new missionaries, Sisters, and District Leaders. We got invited to the District Leader one. We did a lot of practicing and went over what they needed to do in the meetings! After that we ate at Taco Bell. We tried their new Cool Ranch Dorrito taco which I enjoyed! Then we headed back home and decided to go up to New Boston and double work the area. We spent the night. I went with Elder Poole and we did a lot of tracting and saw a few people! Then headed back to the pad for dinner and then we had a great discussion on the gospel. I love deep discussions hahaha.
Wednesday the 20th
Since we had our meetings the past 2 days our P-day was moved to today! So we spent the day up here in New Boston and just hung out. We went to the park and threw a frisbee around! We found some Antlions. I had never heard about these guys before but they make a little hole in the sand and ants fall into it. It's like a lttle trap. There like little Tremors like in the movie hahahah. It was interesting to see one take down an ant. Yeah as missionaries we get entertained easliy hahaha. Anyways, I played a new game today called Magic. A lot of missionaries have the cards our here and it's a lot of fun I played it once with The Jacksons back in the day and enjoyed it then. It was a lot of fun. After that we got picked up by Brother Simmons and headed home for the day.
Thursday the 21st thru Saturday the 23rd
Holy crap those were some crappy days. We had some very cold, bad, weather and we weren't able to do anything because we also didnt have the car! It was bad I went crazy hahahaha. But we did get to go to a dinner appointment. I finally got to try Catfish. I tried it and I don't understand why so many people like it. I didn't think it was that good at all. I mean I could eat it but I didn't really think it was all that great. I'm just not a big fan of fish in general I guess. During these days I also got to prepare for a talk on Sunday and Elder Sorenson taught me a little more on Magic haha. Not a great week at all with the work.
Sunday the 24th
I got to speak on Baptism! We had 3 investigators in church today, Dale Johnson, Brooke, and Kayla. All investigators but not progressing! The Gospel Principles teacher didn't show up so I ended up teaching that class hahaha. It was on the Sacrament! It went pretty well! After church, the Neilson's wanted to feed us, of course. They are so good to us. But Elder Sorenson had made the dinner for the day! He made this really good bean recipe. It was a bunch of different beans mixed in with bacon and beef! Really good! Then headed home and called it a night!
Love ya and miss ya
your son Elder Kerr
P.S. Aaron will get home on May 15th. So I think his homecoming will be that Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment