Saturday, December 29, 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas. It was so good to talk to everyone!





December 28, 2012


Hey Family,
     So guess what I found out!! One of the investigators I taught in Meridian got baptized!!! I dont know if you remember Graham Hunter but he was baptized so that was cool news. Usually when someone is baptized in the mission they send out a forward text saying who was baptized and where and who helped with it. So that's a nifty little thing!!
     Well last week was our Christmas Zone Conference! It was in Shreveport, LA which is actually the largest city in our mission. It was weird being in a big city like that but it was way cool to see.  But I do not like the drivers there!!! They are crazy!!! And really rude!! Anyways it was a spirit filled meeting and thank you for the letter =)  We did a white elephant gift exchange which was way fun.  And something I really learned is not so much what can the members do for me but what we can do for the members. It was great!!! I love Zone Conferences! It was a long drive (a little over 100 miles) to get to Shreveport. But we had a good time after talking with all the missionaries and we went to Panda Express!! The first time I've been since I was home because there are only 2 Pandas in the whole mission that we know of, one in Shreveport and the other one is in Slidell. It was way good as always.
     The next day we went and saw Sarah to help her get ready for the Baptism because the 22nd was the last day for no more smoking or drinking coffee. So we gave her a blessing to stay strong!! Anyways we have a new investigator named Gene Polk who is in a nursing home right now. He is a way legit guy and is willing to be baptized once he knows it is true. He came to Church last Sunday on the 23rd. He said he liked it except for the part with all the kids screaming. He wasn't able to hear very well!! He is a great guy and really funny!!
     We had a wonderful Christmas and it was so good to speak with you guys and see you. It was definitely good to see you except for the times when we didn't have a good connection.  I can't believe how much deeper Jared's voice has changed.
     Well after that when everybody was done we went and played games at the church and we made Gingerbread houses!!! The only down side from this was that we got a call from Sarah saying that she is sick and wanted a blessing. She is really scared that she is going to miss her baptism. She was really in bad shape throwing up and all, it was scary and she was scared that it was the Devil! We gave her the blessing and comforted her for a bit and got her some soup and she ended up going to the hospital that night but came back that night as well. She is doing better these last couple days but just really weak. Well so far all we have been worrying about is trying to get Sarah to her baptism and its tommorow so hopefully it will happen! Anyways, I will end there.  I hope all is well and I love you all
Love
Elder Kerr


December 20, 2012


     Hey, thanks for the updated address. And I did get Connie's package. I loved it all!!! Especially the snow monster from the Rudolph cartoon hahahaha so tell her thank you so much. And I got those Christmas cards from both those people in the ward so tell them thank you from me.
     Congratulations to Alex for getting his mission call to Bulgaria!!!! Wow, I did not see that coming at all either. Well he told me that he wanted to go to Russia so that is really cool!!! He leaves on May 1st thats crazy!!! That is the month Aaron comes home and the day that I will hit my 15 month mark. Exciting!!!
Well have a good one! And I did get the money into my account and it's all good to go. I probably won't be emiling monday unless it's open but we will see and we are going to the stake presidents house for Christmas Day.

Love your son


December 17th

Dear Family
     I'm glad everyone has gotten my Christmas card, thank you for telling me.  Well I'm super excited for Alex! I can't wait to hear where he goes.  Um, I will guess that he is going to go to an Italy mission.  I don't know if I told you or you found out already but if he goes foreign he will only be in the MTC for like 3 weeks or so and if he doesn't go foreign he will only be there for 8 days!!! Exciting that he will be one of the first waves of 18 year old missionaries to go out. Exciting times.
     I'm still thinking about getting the GPS for Christmas yes but we will see.  I haven't needed one yet but I may when I train.  I did get Grandmas package so tell her Thank you so much and I loved it! This week was kinda of an interesting week. It was transfer week and of course Elder Criswell and I are staying together. Plus we got 2 more Elders in our district, Elder Sumsion and Sorenson, they are great additions. I now have a district of 10 again, probably the largest district in the mission right now. Plus the Zone Leaders come to our district meeting most of the time. 
     It rained alot this week and we were on bikes so we didn't get a lot done.  I think I told you that we trade off every other week with having a car and this week we were on bikes.  Thursday Elder Criswell and I got into a little bike wreck! haha. We were biking and Elder Criswell was in front of me, we went over a train track which Criswell tipped over and fell down and as that happened I tried dodging him but as I tried dodging him my bike wheel got stuck in the track and I went flying over.  We had a good laugh about that, luckily nobody got hurt haha.
     Earlier this week the Sisters in Monroe wrapped our door with wrapping paper so we decided to get them back so we got some lights and decorated their front door. They loved it and it really brought the Christmas Spirit. Our investigators are all doing well, especially Sarah she is still pushing for the 29th of December to be Baptized.  It will be an exciting time! We are actually going to have 2 baptisms that day. There is this investigator that The Zone Leaders are teaching that will be baptized that same day so that will be exciting.
     We got to help put Christmas ornaments up for a member in the ward named the Hippen's they had us over for dinner and we helped with their tree. And on Saturday we had our Ward Christmas party and I was Santa Clause for the kids! I loved it! Hahaha, right when I walked in all the kids ran and gave me a hug! It made me excited to have kids. I got some pics of me dressed up and there is a video of me as well talking with a couple of kids. So I'm sure you will enjoy that when I send the memory card home. It was a new fun experience for sure. I Loved it!
     On Christmas day I was thinking we are going to skype around noonish. I will probably call first and then we can set up the skype from there and then we will be good to go. Well that was my week I love you  and miss everyone so much!  Hope all is well.
Love
Elder Kerr



No comments:

Post a Comment