Monday, December 10, 2012

I had a great Thanksgiving in the South.

Dear family,

I had a great Thanksgiving in the South. There wasn't too much of a difference from what we have back in the West. Basically, there was everything that we usually have and more. They even had Mac and Cheese which was interesting.  I never have had so much food on Thanksgiving, I ate 2 big plates full of food and a piece of pie with who knows how many drinks. I loved it but I almost threw up for how much I ate. HAHAHA!!! Im glad you guys enjoyed your Thanksgiving too!

I did get my Quad and I did get the Thanksgiving package. I loved it!  I opened it a day early (hehehehe). I just thought it was candy and when I got it I was wondering why it was so lightweight but in a pretty big box.  I loved it.  The stockings are up in our study room. And the tree is between our desks. =)  I'm excited for the Nativity scene! I love this time of year as well. I hope this will be a memorable experience for me on my mission. I actually think if I stay in Monroe I will stay with Elder Criswell but I guess we will see what happens.

So yep Sarah Groth does have a date! She has a date for December 29th! We are way excited for her. She is probably one of the hardest people I have had to teach but she is getting there and she is loving every bit of it.  She said that she feels good about things but she has a hard time reading The Book of Mormon. But she loves the Gospel Principles manual. We explained about the Holy Ghost and she's started to recognize it. At the end when we set her with a date she was like. "I can feel it"!!!! "Just setting the date for Baptism I can feel it tingle"! We were just like yes!!!!! So we are super excited for her. And we also got a new investigator named Gwen Yancy! She seemed like an open person about things but her husband was just trying to drill us with questions.  But hopefully we can get through to him.  His name is Dale Yancy.

Well I will end for now and I hope all is well and I hope it snows before Christmas and stays for Christmas for ya. That just helps out the Christmas spirit with all the snow.  And I love ya and miss ya so much!

Your son,

Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment