November 5th
Dear Mother,
I received the Halloween card, thank you so much! And we did find something to do on Halloween! We were suppose to be inside by dark so all the missionaries just went to the church in the area and we played board games after dark! We also had a funny experience before that, Elder Criswell and I decided to go tracting! We tracted these apartments and knocked on one door but the dog was barking and nobody seemed to be coming so we decided to go to try the next door. They opened and as we were talking with them the door we knocked on first opened. So Elder Criswell had to talk with her and I was talking to the other family. It was wierd experience and we didnt really know what to do so we just started talking with both haha. But we did hand out 2 copies of The Book of Mormon. So that was a cool experience!
We have another investigator that we found trying to find a less active but ended up at the wrong address of the less active! We went up to the door and it was open and the man sees us from his chair and just yells "Come In" before we could even knock, haha. We were just like okay hahaha! We talked with him about The Book of Mormon and lent him one and invited him to read it. The next time we came back he said he hadn't been reading but his daughter has been reading and enjoying it! So we lent him another one and asked would he be interested in taking the discussions. He said let him read a bit and he will decide next time. So hopefully that will go over well and we can get to meet his daughter as well.
Sarah has come to church 4 times now and still seems way solid and last time we met with her we planned to set a date with her but it just didnt seem right again. I asked her what was holding her back from baptism and she said that she wanted to learn more about the Holy Ghost! So we said we can definitely do that!
I cant believe that Thanksgiving is coming very soon! It's amazing to me. I'm coming up on 10 months December 1st. Even Though I have already been in Monroe 3 transfers and in my 4th I want to stay one more. I still haven't trained yet. Well I'll have to end there. I love and miss ya a ton Mother. And I hope all is well. Tell Grandma Ivy I love her again for me. Love ya
love your son.
Dear Mother
Snow Storms, that is something I will miss for the holidays here! It's just part of the Christmas spirit to me so it won't be the same when there is no snow but hey maybe it will snow here for Christmas! So for Thanksgiving we have 3 families here that are feeding us. We're going to be so full!!! I really hope I can stay here in Monroe for Christmas! If I stay here 1 more transfer I can say that my 1st year of my mission I was only in 2 areas. I dont want to leave Monroe before Christmas because then I will be spending Christmas with people I barely know but I have been here for a while now.
Our investigator, Sarah Lee Groth, said that she is ready for Baptism. She is ready to make the commitment. I'm super excited for her! I told her that she should look you up on Facebook. I thought you would like to meet her for yourself! She thought it would be nice to meet you as well so you might get a friend request from her. :)
We finally got some new investigators. We now have William and Linda Hill they were media referrals meaning that they got onto Mormon.org and requested missionaries. They seem like they are really interested to learn more and we are planning to see them tomorrow at 2 o'clock. And they live by some beautiful land so I will have to get some pics.
I'm also very excited for Christmas. I love the feeling I get during this season and I heard that it is pretty awesome in the mission field. So I'm super excited! Well I'll end for now and I love you so much Mother and I hope all is well with you. Can't wait to talk with the family on Christmas!!
Love your son
Elder Kerr
November 21st
Dear Mother,
So I cant believe that Thanksgiving is this week. We had 3 invitations for Thanksgiving dinner but one cancelled. We will go to at least one of the other ones and we might go to the Stake Presidents house as well but not totally sure. I love this holiday season. I have been listening to Christmas music as well, Josh Groban's "Noel" CD is a great CD for Christmas music.
Our main investigator, Sarah Lee Groth, is the closest to a date but we have gotten some new investigators as well. We have William and Linda Hill, and Dale and Gwen Yancy who we recently found by referrals. This last week Elder Criswell was sick but we did have interviews with President. And it was an awesome interview! I always enjoy talking with President McDonough. We discussed things to make me a better missionary and I asked him if I could stay in Monroe for 1 more transfer. I've stayed in Monroe for 4 transfers now which is about 6 months. He said he has no problem with it so I'm pretty excited for that! I will get to stay here for Christmas, hopefully. I just hope when transfers come he doesn't forget.
We have some very exciting mission news. Because of the age change for missionaries we will be getting 110 new Elders and 70 new Sisters this next year! We only have like 18 sisters in our mission right now but by the end of next year we will have about 150 Elders and 80 sisters. So they are making the Districts much bigger. We are getting so many missionaries its crazy! Tell Grandma Sharon I got her package and tell her thank you and I love her. Well I will end for now. I love ya and I hope all is.
Your son,
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment