Monday, October 15th, we had a Zone Conference and we had a General Authority come and teach us. His name is Elder Marcus B. Nash of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He actually spoke at this last General Conference during the very last session. I felt the spirit so strongly when he taught. I learned a lot from him, we all did. I also got to meet with him after and he checked up on me and asked questions about you guys and everything. It was a very humbling experience to meet with him and I also received a blessing from the mission president and Elder Nash was in the circle with him. It was a great experience probably a life changing experience for me. I love this Church so much!!!
This week was a slower week. We saw a couple of our investigators. I think I've mentioned Clint before but he isn't really progressing. He's hard to talk to about the gospel. He's a big Mitt Romney supporter well, so are a lot of people here in the south but all he wants to do is talk about how Romney is better than Obama. But hopefully we can start to get him to progress. Then we are going to start working with the less actives. We have a ton of less actives so we are going to try to get them to come back to church.
Sarah wasn't able to come to church but we do have an appointment with her tomorrow at 3:45 and we are planning to set a date with her for the 2nd Saturday in November. I might not be here for her Baptism. I have been in Monroe for 3 transfers now and I'm not quite sure if I will be here for another. I would like to stay at least 1 more transfer but we will see this coming Saturday when we get calls for the coming transfer. This will be my 7th transfer and I will hit my 9th month mark very soon, that's way exciting!
That is insane about the flooding in the basement. I'm not going to lie I will miss that bed if you have to get rid of it. I've missed it while I've been out here on my mission. I would like to see some pictures for sure of everything that's been going on.
It's going to be an exciting week. We have trunk or treat this Wednesday and then Saturday they're having something called Boo at the Zoo and we will be helping with that. It will be an exciting week for sure. It is nice having this cooler weather but the Saturday we had General Conference it was so cold to the point that it hurt our skin to ride our bikes. It was crazy. We also share a car now so one week we'll have it and the next we will be on bikes. We can just get so much more done with a car.
Oh and tell Sister Reynosa and the Young women thank you! I got a package with a bunch of different letters with their testimonies. I thought it was sweet of them to do that so you will have to say thanks to them for me. Also, I did receive grandmas package and I loved all the treats, the hot cheetos and M&Ms are already gone, haha. I need to catch up on my mail so sorry if I haven't replied to anyone yet. Tell Grandma Sharon I hope she had a wonderful 75th birthday! I'll have to write to Brendon. I think mainly what helped me not to be so homesick was just time and making friends out here. It just gets way easier every transfer. I think it will just take time
Well, I should end for now. I hope everything gets better with the flooding. I love ya and miss ya a ton. Your son, Elder Kerr.
No comments:
Post a Comment