Monday, December 10, 2012

Staying in Monroe for Christmas! And I'm going to be Santa this year!

Dear Mother,

I am staying in Monroe for 1 more transfer! So you can start sending those packages now because I know the mail gets packed this time of year and makes things take extra long to get places. I did get the nativity tie and I loved it. The package said Sears on it and so I thought it was my pants. But when I got it, I was like that box it far too small to have pants in it. And when I opened it I was way surprised and excited hahaha because I dont think you told me you were getting that for me.  I have really enjoyed it. I have worn it every Sunday since I got it.  I also got the Deseret Book package as well from Grandma Ivy tell her thank you so much for that. I love her bunches!!

We will be having a Christmas Zone Conference in Shreveport! Super excited for that.  We haven't been invited for Christmas Day yet but we have been for Christmas Eve. But we will see. I'm just way excited!  I love this time of year!

Sarah Groth is doing well and I'm way excited for her. She is scheduled to be baptized on December 29th.  I hope she doesn't get cold feet that week.  We've got most of it planned out for her right now so its going to be exciting.  She asked me if I would baptize her and Elder Criswell would confirm her. She will be the first person I have ever baptized so I'm super excited for that. All of our other investigators aren't really progressing right now but we did find a really intelligent, cool guy. He knows a lot about a lot of different religions. And he asked for a triple combination because he really wants to read the D&C and the Pearl of Great Price. He has read The Book of Mormon a few times and he probably knows more about the church then most members do. So I hope we can get him to progress.  He wants us to come over and teach his wife as well.  That will be exciting! His name is Robert Sherman.

So the weather here has been like 60 degrees.  We did just barely get a lot of rain though, last night. NO SNOW! :( every morning the windows are frosted but no snow. I wish it would snow down here. Snow just brings the Christmas spirit.

We've have had a few scary experiences this last week. We were biking home one night and it was raining pretty bad. Lightning struck like a mile or so ahead of us and lit up the entire street.  It made it look like it was the middle of the day. And on that same street there is a music store and the lightning set off the alarm because it was closed. It was crazy stuff! Then this last Sunday (yesterday) There was this guy that came into church and he claimed to be a prophet and started going on about how intelligent he is and starting predicting the future.  He said that people call him a Prophet and that he is prophesying.  And then he  turned to our investigator and was like,"I know you from the place that we meet at that we are not suppose to say, that certain place." And I'm just like what the heck is going on with this guy. And after that class he just started to go off on how he misses Johnny so much and then during Priesthood class he was going off on how your lucky if you only have 1 friend in this life! You are a lucky man and he was just getting really mad about it! He was like yelling at the Elders Quorum President. I'm just like holy crap!!! This guy is crazy! He had some scary wild eyes where you feel like and think that this guy is going to hurt someone because he is crazy! Crazy stuff.

Oh, and I guess the ward chose me to be Santa Clause for The Ward Christmas party. So that will be interesting hahaha.  I'm going to be Santa this year. I did get the strudle recipe but I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. We will see.

Well Mom I can't believe it! I'm on my mission and people are still trying to spoil me out here on my mission. Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all the gifts and love and support you give to me.  I wish I could get everyone gifts as well! I will end for now. I love you all!

Love Elder Kerr

P.S. My District is getting bigger this next transfer.  We are getting 2 more Elders so it's going to be as big as it was a few transfers ago. There will be us, West Monroe, Monroe Sisters, West Monroe Senior couple and now Winsboro. Its going to be crazy! And did I tell you we are getting a lot more missionaries in the mission next year, especially Sisters. We have 18 sisters in the mission right now and by the end of next year we will have around 70 sisters in this mission and almost 100,000 missionaries World Wide. The Lord is progressing His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment