Thursday, May 31, 2012

The work's been slow but it should pick up next month.

     My new companion is from Huntington, Utah and his first name is Shawn, just like mine.  He was in the Columbia and Hazelhurst districts prior to this transfer.  Elder Ison and I have quite a bit in common.  He's only a couple of months older than me.  We both love sports, we're both kind of random and we both like to have fun!  Our entire district just gets along great! I've introduced him to all of our investigators but because we've used the rest of our miles with transfers and zone conference the work has been slow.  We've had to try to get rides everywhere or ride our bikes.  But we'll be getting new miles on June 1st.  The work should pick up this next month.
     We did some service for the Matheson's.  We tore down their old trampoline, painted their window seals and filled in the cracks with caulking.  Then their dog got loose and we had to chase her down but we got her back in no time.
     I have my 2nd Zone Conference on the 31st.  Our assignment for this conference is to go over the talk "The Fourth Missionary" and write a 5-minute talk on what we learned.  I really enjoyed it, it was 29 pages long and I learned alot.
     Our newest investigator's name is Graham Hunter.  His wife, Charity, is a member but less active.  I mentioned them before.  He's just trying to get Sunday's off.  So maybe you can remember him in your prayers.
     That's pretty cool that BYU won the Rugby Championship!  That'd be a cool shirt to have. 
     So Jared's going to take piano lessons, that'll be cool then he can teach me.  And then we both can learn to play the bagpipes together.  It would be fun!  I'd like that.  And let Jared know that we will always be a family where ever I am because we are sealed for time and all eternity.
     There are cemetery's here in Meridian but they're not as well kept as the ones in Utah.  In fact, they're kind of creepy like the ones you'd see in scary movies.  But the Gypsy queen was actually buried here in Meridian so Gypsies from all over the world come to pay their respects.
     School ended here like a week ago but they start back up the first part of August.  Oh, guess what?  I actually got the courage to donate blood to the hospital.  It wasn't that bad, just weird.
     That's very exciting that you found some family in Zagreb.  I think it would be so cool to go to Croatia someday and meet some distant family. I haven't heard from anybody in the ward or family in a while.  The mail stopped coming fairly quickly.  I haven't gotten that much mail lately.  Tell people to please write.
I'll end for now.  I love you and miss you a ton!

                                                   Your son, Elder Kerr

P.S.  Congratulations Alex and Samantha - 2012 graduates!!  Awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment