We learned on Sunday that I would be staying in Meridian but Elder Blomquist would be transferred on Tuesday. We drove to the Stake Center which is just outside of Jackson for transfers. I didn't get to learn where Elder Blomquist was headed but he'll probably text me later. He had served in the Petal District before he came to Meridian and they are both in the Hattiesburg Zone.
I met my new companion and his name is Elder Ison. He's been out for about 10 months. We also got a new sister missionary. So our district now consists of me, Elder Ison, Sister Harding, and Sister Richard. I am now the missionary who has been in Meridian the longest. I think Elder Ison and I will get along just fine. We spent some time after transfers playing basketball. Most of the districts in MJM have 4 missionaries but a few have 6 and the whole mission has about 140-150 missionaries.
I forgot to tell you when I called on Sunday that I got to sing in the Primary Choir on Mother's Day. They only have 5 boys so they asked us to help. It was quite fun! It's been a few yearts since I last sang in the Primary Choir.
In answer to your question mom we have been noticed more since Mitt Romney has been running for President but nothing too unusual. We've had a couple of interesting experiences. One day when we were tracting we had someone come to the door and say "Latter Day Saints. I'm not interested in your religion but I'm voting for Mitt". and closed the door. And we've had a couple of people come up to us and identify us as Mormons and tell us they were voting for Mitt but it hasn't really helped with investigators. And I think most people here are for Obama anyway. We do have a new investigator. His wife is a member but not active and he has been taught by the missionaries before so, hopefully, he may be ready now.
I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary on Saturday (23 years)! Aaron will have been out for 1 year on that same day. It was great talking to all of you on Sunday, maybe for Christmas we can try and skype.
Love ya and miss ya, your son
No comments:
Post a Comment