We went to an event last week called, Tisba. It's a monthly activity where people come together to play country music, they serve food and you can draw on the tables. The tables were all covered in paper. I decided to draw the picture of the 2nd Coming of the Savior. Everybody loved it. So many people loved it that I became very popular. An older lady asked if she could have it and I was like "sure"! So I signed it and gave it to her. They asked us to come back so that I could draw again. I felt like a "Rock Star". Sadly, we didn't get any investigators from this event but it was fun.
In 8 days I will be done with my training. Transfers are on the 15th so I will probably find out if I'm getting transferred on Mother's Day. I'll let you know when I call but it might be best if everyone starts using the Mission Office address until I know for sure. This will be the last transfer that President Tucker will be here for. I also had my first and last interview with President Tucker. He's a way cool guy. He gave me some scriptures to help us stay motivated (Mosiah chapters 1 and 4, D&C 19:16-21, Alma 7 and 36).
So this was a pretty slow week for missionary work. We weren't able to see Barbara Young but we've been teaching Ashley Thomas (the Dietician). She's been to church with us twice already. She's watched the Joseph Smith movie and is reading the Book of Mormon. She's been taught most of the lessons. And I think she has felt the Spirit big time but she's afraid to pray. I think she's afraid she'll find out she needs to change her lifestyle and I guess she isn't ready for that. I hope she will find a way to have an open heart and pray. This Church is so true.
I will end for now. I love you and miss you. I hope all is well.
Love your son
P.S. So you guys went and seen "The Avengers". That is definitely a movie I want to see so add that to my list of movies you're getting for me to watch. And if you can a GPS would be very useful out here.
P.S.S. I loved your talk mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment