Sunday, June 23, 2013

You've probably guessed where I'm going with this. . . . my bike was stolen.

Dear family,
     Yes, this is definitely one of my slower areas. My companion, Elder Hopman, is doing good. He's just a very quiet guy but a good kid!! I'm coming close to the end of my 4th transfer here in Atlanta so there's a good chance I may be transferred, but you never know I could end up staying another transfer! I did get grandma Sharon's package so thank her for me and I did get Aarons letter so that was some good highlights of the week! So I will go on to tell you more about my week.
Monday the 10th
We went down to Shreveport the day before and spent the night with Elders Eisinger and Elder Huntsman (who is actually from Midvale) It's the first time I've met someone from Midvale, UT in the mission! We eventually got to talking about all the people that he and I know and I guess he knows Josh and his family and he Todd and Brendon and Nate. He knew a lot of the same people that I know! It was kinda crazy actually! We got ready and headed to Zone Conference and had a great meeting about becoming better teachers. I enjoyed it a lot! After lunch Elder Eisinger gets a call about how 2 kids were on their porch area snooping around.  So let me explain I brought my bike down to Shreveport to see if I could get it fixed and I left it at the Elders place during Zone Conference, in the porch area. Anyways, you've probably guessed where I'm going with this but my bike was stolen! So I have no bike now, that was kind of a bummer. Anyways we got done with Zone Conference and I told President about it. It looks like I might be able to get a bike from the Mission office. So that would be good. After dinner we went and tracted with the ZLs and then went to bed because we have more meetings tomorrow.
Tuesday the 11th
There were 3 more meetings today 1 for the sisters, 1 for new missionaries and 1 for District Leaders! I had to go to the District Leader meeting and it was a good. We talked about policies that we have in the mission and making them work for everybody or at least most everybody! Another good meeting! Afterwards we had to try to get our car fixed.  We share with the New Boston Elders. It turns out the left axel is wearing out so we need to get that replaced for sure but they didn't have the part. So we decided we are going to take it to the Toyota dealership up in Texarkana. Then we headed back up to Atlanta and the New Boston Elders spent the night.
Wednesday the 12th
Since our Zone Conference was on Monday our P-Day was moved to today and we did emails and such and then we headed up to New Boston so we could leave them the car.  Oh yeah, I got Grandmas package today so thank you so much for that!  It's always nice to receive those goodies, it's most appreciated. Around 5 we got picked up by Brother Simmons and headed back to Atlanta and called it a day.
Thursday the 13th
Today we were taken out to lunch by Brother Gunn and had some really good pork chops at this place called the Texas BBQ! IT was was way good and, of course, they were fried. I swear they fry everything in the south hahahaha but it was way good! Then we went to Beth Harpers house with Dennis Gunn.  Beth Harper and her husband are really good friends with Bro Gunn. Our plan was to have Bro Gunn so that, Richard, Beth's husband might feel more comfortable and might become more interested in taking the lessons with her.  And it went pretty well so we we'll see what happens. Then we went to the Turners for an but they forgot so we weren't able to teach Janice today. After that we went over to the McQuiveys family to see how they were doing and they eventually asked if we wanted some dinner and so we stayed for dinner. We kinda lost track of time so they gave us a ride home and we called it a night.
Friday the 14th
Today the Simpson's, who are the apartment inspectors for our area of the mission, came up today to look for us a new apartment. The apartment we're in is really old and so they said we need to move. We found this duplex that is really nice so we got it set up to move in there in about a Month.   But it made me kinda sad because I will probalby be gone before that happens. But we will see. Then we went to visit Colleen. She is always so happy to see us. Then on to Jeff Brown's and then the Robinson's. They were all good visits.  I decided that we should tract this one street and to my surprise we actually got 4 return appointments! It was awesome! Hopefully something comes out of it! Headed back to the apartment and got some dinner and then called it a night!
Saturday the 15th
So today was a slower day. We tried seeing the Strader family but they weretoo busy.  Then we went to see Kenneth Webb, a less active member. He's a pretty cool guy. We talked about fishing and how much he enjoys it. Then we tried to visit an old investigator named, Shad and we also tried seeing a referral but she wasn't home. We had a short visit with Shad because we got picked up for dinner to go to the Neilson's.  We did a little service for them so that was fun.
Sunday the 16th
Church was great. We had some great lessons on Tithing and on developing and sharing our talents! It was way good! After church we headed to New Boston to do exchanges. So I am up in New Boston with Elder Bytheway and we will be doing this exchange for a while. So I stayed up in New Boston and called in numbers and called it a night.
It was an eventful week and yeah if your ready for some pictures I will be ready to send them. But I guess the only thing I need. . . . is a little cash.  I don't ever ask for money but I got pretty low this month and could really use some. So if you could find a way to send some or put some in my bank account that would be great. I love you and miss you all. It's going by way fast.
love your son
Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment