Elder cowboy Kerr.
District pictures for transfer number 9 in Atlanta, Texas.
Elders Percival, Kerr, poole and Averett.
Elders Percival and Poole are assigned to New Boston, Texas.
My 8th companion, Elder Averett at the Zone bonfire.
February 6, 2013.
February 4, 2013
Burning the shirt.
Baptism in Atlanta for Dale Wilson, center.
Transfer day with Elder Neilson.
Transfer day with Elder Brinkerhoff.
Sister Jenkins, Mygrant, Carter, Weir and VanRoosendaal.
Sarah and the Jenson's.
Playing the Viola at Hilton's shop.
.
District pictures of my 6th transfer.President Pena and family.
Elder Blomquist, my first companion in my first area, Meridian, Mississippi.
We met up again at a training meeting in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
Elder Criswell, Sarah Lee Groth and I at her baptism.
My first baptism.
Elder Kerr playing Santa at the ward Christmas party.
Elder Santa Kerr.
My new Christmas tie from home.
What a Thanksgiving feast.
After the Thanksgiving feast.
Elders Jones, Brinkerhoff, Kerr and Criswell.
Dear family,
So my new companion is cool. Elder Sorenson is from Delta, Utah. He is way into big equipment like tractors and he is pretty experienced when it comes to construction and all that. He is a cool guy!
You'll have to keep me posted on how Jared is doing with his new job! I'm glad Megan had some good family birthday parties. I sent my memory card home so you'll have some new pics.
So my week in the work.
So my week in the work.
Monday, February 25th
We had New Boston come down to Atlanta and hangout with us. We were getting ready to head down to Shreveport the next day and New Boston was spending the night so we could drive down together. But once New Boston got to Atlanta we got a text saying that the new missionaries missed their flight. So the transfer day was moved to Wednesday instead of Tuesday. That kinda screwed up our plans. So today we played a game called pirates. It has little model ships set up with a bunch of different islands with gold on them. The objective is to get as much gold as you can onto your home island. It was a lot of fun and I loved it haha. We got fed by the Marchans which was really good.
Tuesday, February 26th
Since New Boston was already down here, we decided to do splits and double work the area of Atlanta. I went with Elder Percival and Elder Averett went with Elder Poole. We walked a long way! Our main plan was to try to find new investigators. We tracted and ran into a couple that we plan to go back to. We gave out 2 copies of The Book of Mormon. Anyway, it was a good day. We got Pizza sent to us by the Bishop's family, Dominos, way good! Loved it. Elder Averett and I got ready to head to Bossier City tommorow. We have to get up at like 430 and head out by 5, not excited about that.
Wednesday the 27th
We got up and got everything ready to go. We headed down to Bossier City to the transfer point. We got there after driving in the dark for about an hour. I said goodbye to Elder Averett, one of my favorite companions. After they left I had to wait in the area for a while so I hung out with the Shreveport Zone Leaders. We went back to their pad and I just took a nap on their floor haha. After a little nap we went to the Church and played a little Basketball. It was a lot of fun and I played with some people that I haven't played with in a while. Loved it. After doing that we went to the Library for a bit then headed back to the transfer point to meet up with Elder Sorenson, my new companion. We got together and then headed back to Atlanta. We got some food sent to us and had Elder Sorenson got to meet a bunch of the members at Mutual, so that was good. We headed back to have some dinner and tried a few people. Then just headed to bed.
Thursday, February 28th
I got to introduce Elder Sorenson to a lot of the members today. It was good times. Not much happened other then that. We had dinner with the Horsley family and that went well. She makes the best rice. I think it was called Jasmine Rice. Anyways, it was way good. I have really learned to love rice on my mission.
Friday, March 1st
Since Transfer day was Wednesday we decided to have District Meeting today! It went really well. I loved it. We had Elder Sorenson meet the rest of the District. And had a great lesson prepared by Elder Percival. This District just has some great district unity. Since we got paid we decided to get some quick grocieries and then headed back home. We had dinner with the Harvilles tonight and went to the SilverSpur. It's a steak house. Really good and I didn't choke!!! haha Anyways they are a cool couple. She is very nice lady and he has a great personality. They talked to us about relationships, a lot actually. It was some good stuff to keep in mind but not for out here, of course. They took us home and we called it a night.
Saturday, March 2nd
We saw Joe Brown today who is a recent investigator. He is still really considering the church but has a lot of health problems. He doesn't have a ride and he is having a hard time letting go of smoking. Anyway, we just read out of the Book of Mormon and got to know him. We tried a lot of others but no luck. We did run into a guy named Drew, a former investigator, he told us to come by next friday. So we will see how it goes. Today there was a wedding that was being held at the Church for a Sister Song and Dale Johnson. We are trying to get in and teach Dale. We gave him a Book of Mormon his first Sunday to church but he said he was going to be really busy with the wedding and that was today. It was good. A lot of food and another oppurtunity for Elder Sorenson to meet some of the members.
Sunday, March 3rd
Great Sabbath Day, of course. We had some good speakers and good lessons. Our Sunday school lesson was on Repentance. Loved it! And in Elders Quorum we decided to work out a day for the Elders Quorom to get together and have a cook off. It was set for April 13th, my birthday hahaha. It's going to be good! After church we got some food from some members for lunch. Then we went and tried to find this media refferal. It was way out in the deep country. Once we got there we could see that it was vacant and not taken care of at all. Tons of weeds surrounding it! It was bad. We guessed some homeless people or maybe illegals lived there. In the referal they did ask for a Spanish Book of Mormon. It was wierd and a big waste of miles. We went back home because Elder Sorenson was feeling kind of dizzy. He took a nap while I read. After he woke up we went to the Neilsons for dinner and enjoyed that a lot. They are such a cool family! I love them. Then we went back home, sent in numbers and called it a night.
That was my week. Love and miss ya!
love your son
Elder Kerr
P.S. I can't remember if I gave this to you but it's the new mission office address:
175 Burnham Rd.
Brandon, MS 39208
No comments:
Post a Comment