Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm staying in Atlanta and Elder Averett is going to Brookhaven, Mississippi.

I did here about the 58 new missions. Mine probably will be split next year at sometime. Apparently, they asked President if they would be willing to split the mission but Sister McDonough was like "NO, not unless we can have all of our missionaries come with us" !!!!! Hahaha. So it's not splitting this year, I don't think. It would be turned into the Mississippi Jackson Mission and the Shreveport Louisiana Mission when it does happen. Yep, I did hear that Utah and Mississippi are the most religous states at some point. So I haven't fixed my bike just yet because it is still rideable but I am looking into it. 
Monday the 18th
P-Day as usual but we decided to go up to New Boston and hangout with the other Elders today. We had a goodtime hanging around in New Boston we decided to play Monoply and went to the park and just had a good time.
Tuesday the 19th
We did studies as usual and then we had an appointment with an investigator named Thomas. We read out of the Book of Mormon with him and he seemed to feel something that Elder Averett pointed out afterwards but he didn't act on it. We talked to him about joining but he just doesn't feel ready yet. He said maybe someday but not soon. He just won't pray about The Book of Mormon.  Then we went out to Uncle Johns for lunch. Sister Gholson took us and her husband Carrol, he isn't a member, but we are trying to get in with him and teach him. But he just seems to turn off when we talk about him joining. Sister Gholson wants to be sealed to him so badly. Next we went over to the Browns and we finished fixing his pelet gun. And it works. I love trying to fix things. =) Well it was working but then it started acting up again.  Then we headed down to Linden to the Ward family and had dinner. We had Chicken Spaghetti and we played a little game with them called Pig Squeal. It was a funny game that I want to teach people back home. Everyone sits in a circle and there is a person in the middle that is blindfolded and they have a stick. You spin around so you lose track of where people are and you try and poke someone. Then when you poke someone you are suppose to say "squeal piggy". And they're suppose to squeal like a pig in some way.  Then you try and guess who it is.   If you're right you switch places, if not, they try to poke someone else. It was a lot of fun.
Wednesday the 20th
We gave the car back to New Boston after DDM. We had a great DDM. We took pictures of us with Cowboy hats! Then we got picked up by Brother Simmons and we went down to help them with their house. We got a lot done. They fed us lunch and we had to leave. We got dropped of at the Straders for dinner, they are very nice people. They have a really big German Shepherd named Zeus! He is a funny dog because once we tried to leave he started barking and tried to get us not to go hahaha. He doesn't like it when people leave that he doesn't know too well. Anyways, Sister Strader got baptized by an Elder Kerr in Arkansas. That is cool.
Thursday the 21st
Mostly all we did today was help Brother Doran with his Home teaching. It was good. We saw the Laws and we saw the Gholsons. We also stopped by at the Straders again hahaha.  And then the Dorans fed us.
Friday the 22nd
Not that great of a day. Not much happened at all with being able to see people. But oh well, you have those days every once in a while.  We found out that I will be staying in Atlanta and Elder Averett is being transferred to Brookhaven, Mississippi.  My new companion will be Elder Sorenson.
Saturday the 23rd
We helped the Simmons again today with their house. We are mainly helping them with putting sheet rock on the ceiling. I really enjoyed helping them. And I really enjoy helping to build a house.  And apparently, Sister Simmons saw something in me that not many people have that could really help me in carpeting, I guess. She said I think ahead really well haha. It made me feel good.  And something else to look into when I get back home=)  They ended up feeding us dinner and it was some really good meatloaf. Then we headed home and called it a night.
Sunday the 24th
A fantastic Sabbath. It was Elder Averett's last Sunday and he said goodbye to a lot of people. =) A lot of people love him here so a lot of people are sad to see him go. We headed home and had lunch. Then we went to see some people. We saw an investigator named Jerom, a pretty tall guy, who has all kinds of conspiracy theories about the world and it was kind of scary. So I don't think we will be going there again. He's also an alcoholic. Then we went to check on Beth Harper to see how she is doing. She was having a hard time with some health problems and stuff like that.  She was very worried. Then we just got this big impression to talk about priesthood blessings. I even got teary eyed talking about it. It was a great spiritual experience =) We gave her one. It was great.  After that we got picked up to go to the Oreilys for dinner with the Neilsons. We had some good dinner and dessert. We got fed really well there and that is part of the reason I want "Insanity" hahaha. Well we had a goodtime at the Oreilys. Brother Oreily is a really funny guy. Love him! When we first drove up to his house I was like is this his Storage. But it ended up being his house. And it is very nice inside. It looks like a Store house but he mad a very nice house inside it. It was a pretty big nice house. Loved it.
Well I will end there I love you all and miss you all and I hope you guys have a good week.
Love your son Elder Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment