Dear family,
I too can't believe that I have been out for almost a year this coming Friday!! That's insane to me. And it's insane that a lot of old friends will be returning home soon. My friend Nate should be going home this March, I believe. Then my friend Patrick heads home in April and then in May, Aaron will be heading home! It's crazy how fast it's gone! I had a dream that I was home with everyone last night! I want to finish my mission, of course, but it was a crazy dream that I very much enjoyed haha! :)
As far as my bike goes the entire back brake is messed up, the wheel is off center and the gear changer is shredded! We usually walk everywhere now though so that is good and Elder Averett is pretty good at fixing bikes so if we can just get the parts he could help me put it together! Some members here are pretty good at fixing bikes too so they can help me also!!
I heard about how Utah is now considered one of the dirtiest states because of the pollution. That is very scary! What's causing all that pollution again in Utah? The weather here lately has been kind of weird. It's been sunny the last 2 days but on Thurday it was just really foggy and cloudy and the temperature was up and down. We had a small ice storm come through here on Saturday but it's getting better. I'm starting to notice some humidity now which I'm not excited for again.
This last Thursday we saw a lot of different people. We saw the Robinson's, the most recent converts here in Atlanta! We saw Brother Brown who is a less active member and a pretty crazy guy!! We were over at his house talking and they are always yelling at each other and it's not because they're mad at each other it's just how they talk to each other, I guess! We were just sitting and talking and he pulls out a gun he has in his belt. And I'm just thinking, "HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!" Then a thought came to me, "oh yeah, this is TEXAS! He doesn't do anything with it except unload it and make it safe to hold. I think out of all my areas so far this is the most redneck/southern area I have been in! HAHAHA! I love it! We met with him and his friend Carol, who is kind of an investigator and kind of not. She knows the missionaries very well, she's just not too interested right now. She is a nice lady though and we got to read with her and Brother Brown in The Book of Mormon! It was great!!!
We then went to see an investigator named Matt but on our way there some members drove up in a big truck and asked how we were doing and if we were hungry?" And we said, yes, but we had to go meet Matt. When we got there he had to reschedule and so we went and ate at a Steak house with them! It was really good! I even had a good steak and I didn't choke!! We had a great conversation with them about the church as well. We gave them some things they could say to their friends that don't like the Mormon church! So it was great! Their names are Sister Luce and her sister Skyler and Sister Luce's little son Heston (I believe that is his name). After dinner they asked us if it was okay if they stopped at Walmart before dropping us off. I was like, well Elder Averett needed to get groceries anyways so why not! They were like oh we can buy your groceries for you but we were like no you don't need to do that but they insisted and so we only got a few things but then she was like oh get this and this and this and this and this and this and this! And so we went home with a lot of groceries! It was awesome and very nice of them! We were blessed that night!
Well I need to get off because other missionaries are getting impatient! So I will try to come tomorrow and give more details.
Well I need to get off because other missionaries are getting impatient! So I will try to come tomorrow and give more details.
Love ya,
your son
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment