January 14, 2013
Dear Family,
This week was a slower week in the work for 3 reasons; we had meetings, it rained all week and we didn't have a car. On Thursday, all the District Leaders, Zone Leaders and potential leaders went to Brandon, Mississippi which is basically Jackson, Mississippi for a training meeting. We talked about a lot of good stuff mainly surrounding our purpose as missionaries and how everything comes back to that purpose. We practiced a lot on inviting investigators to come to church and read The Book of Mormon. And to help them pray. Something interesting about the South is that a lot of people here are religious but have never prayed in front of someone or even have prayed for something specific. So we are working on that as a mission. I will be teaching the people in my District what I learned at our District Meeting.
So we drove all the way to Jackson on Thursday which was like a 2 hour drive! We did a big car pull thing. We had like 5 missionaries get in one car to drive up there. On our way we stopped in Vicksburg to pick up Elder Blomquist, my mission trainer. I basically hung out with him during the meeting. It was way good to see him again! He goes home in April so only 2 more transfers left! I also got to see Elder Ison at the meeting. It was way cool to see him again because I haven't seen him since I left Meridian. It was a good time to see them all again. I also got to see Elder Whitehead from my District in the MTC. It was just a way fun meeting overall.
Well anyway, nothing really much happened this week, sadly, because of all the rain. But we did end up seeing one of our investigators, Gene Polk, here this last Saturday. And we have set a date with him for February 9th! I won't be here for it but that's totally fine! We are way excited for that!
We had a special Stake Conference on Sunday that was broadcast from Salt Lake City. Elder Cook and Elder Scott talked with us. It was wonderful ,as always, to here an Apostle of the Lord speak! Um, nothing else comes to mind for last week. We have had some good dinner appointments with Elders Lately which have been awesome. We had a dinner appointment with the Frandsens on Friday and they served us steak and chicken with cheese potatoes! It was way good and they're a really cool family that we are probably going to see more often.
I'm glad Nicole had a good birthday. That's crazy that she is 18 years old, unreal! I hope everything goes well with Grandma Ivy. Send my love to all the family.
Love you and miss ya all =)
Love your son
January 7, 2013
Dear Family,
So not a whole lot happened last week. We saw a lot of less actives and Elder Criswell and I decided that we are going to start workng this month in helping members with there Home Teaching. This ward has a hard time getting their home teaching done. Our numbers are very bad and so we are going to start asking members if we can go with them to visit. That will help us meet some less active people who are actually probably a part member family. We can get investigators through that!
On Sunday the 6th we had our Mission President and his wife come and speak to our ward for a fireside. The Sister missionaries and us have been planning this for a while and we had a pretty good turn out. I think everyone enjoyed it and it's always good to see President McDonough. He helps out a lot out here and I so much appreciate it! And Sister McDonough is just like a big mission mom, so she worries about us a ton and takes care of us well.
Sometime last week we went over to Sister Meeks, a sweet little lady who loves having us over. She was crocheting a blanket and I decided I wanted to learn and so she taught me to crochet. I'm not too sharp at it yet but I got the idea of it down!
Well that's about it. My time is coming to an end here in Monroe and I feel like that I have done it! I have spent my time here well and I have loved it! I love you all and I hope things will heat up there a liitle bit. Talk to you later
Love your son
Elder Kerr
No comments:
Post a Comment